monorail

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had an idea while spending ages walking from one end of my ship to another.
    my idea is a monorail system, buildable on planets, stations and ships.
    the blocks are:
    rail block -used to define pathways for monorails to go along.
    controll block -used to creadte new monorail units.
    station block -determins stops... link to a station core.
    station core- used to summon monorail units
    gate rail -use r to enable/disable. this way you can close a section of line.
    controll rail - use for advanced options, depending on the settings, allows for one way rails
    clip rail -like normal rail but monorail units that are on a clip rail and are touching a different one can jump from one to another. usefull for branches in the line as reguler rail can only go in straight lines.
    to use the system you would place the rail blocks down and the control block. the rails must be touching to work, and the controll block must be touching the rail line. then you add stations, to do this place a station core (it doesnt need to touch any rail), give it a name then place station rails down and connect them to the core to determin the list of stops in that station.
    [SIZE= 12px] then you look at the core and press r to enter. you will have a list of monorail units and the ability to create more (possibly for a cost, prehaps an item?). when you create one it will be placed on the nearest free rail to the core. monorail units can go on any side, but once on a side will not be able to go on a different one withoud having some kind of junction. [/SIZE]
    to use the monorail unit you look at it and press r. you will enter it, and using the left+right arrows will change the name of the target station. then press the up arrow to start going to the staton you chose.. if you are not near a monorail unit, you can look at a station coreand press r and if there is an empty unit then as long as there is a possible rail path to one of the station rails conected to the station core it will come.
    you will need power to run thhe system.
    so, what fo you all think? does this idea sound good? any ideas on improvements?

Reaction score
    I like the tele/transport system idea, but this gives me ideas too, besides, I love having new options to build with, good job :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would put some pictures up as examples of how it might look, but... I havn\'t made any.
    if any pictures would be helpfull I will see if I can make any though :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok, I made some pictures. I dont quite know how to uploade them so they will have to wait till someone tells me or I figure it out.
    warning: as I didnt have a 3d moddeler to make examples with I used minecraft and a custom texturepack... so they aren\'t profesional, but at least they are made of cubes :-D
    Edit: attempt one...

first there is some rail with a controll block.
    http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/J-kinloch/star-made/2013-02-19_185917-Copy_zps7bafd1d8.png
    it should be fairly self explanatry...

then there is an example of a station.
    http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/J-kinloch/media/star-made/2013-02-19_190134-Copy_zps70121249.png.html
    the blue rails are the station rails, the brown block is the station core. the blue rails will be conected to the station core, and uppon activating the station core (r) any free monorail unit will be called up, where it wil attempt to find its way along the rails to one of the station rails.
    then there are some examples of how the clip rails will work:
    http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/J-kinloch/star-made/2013-02-19_190838_zps9a9f6f42.png
    here the monorail can switch from one rail to another.
    http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/J-kinloch/star-made/2013-02-19_190709_zpsc104a273.png
    a 3-way junction. it is possible to do it a different way but... I wanted another example.
    switch rails.
    http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/J-kinloch/star-made/2013-02-19_190343_zps80adafdb.png
    here there is an activated and disactivated switch rail, in a junction
    if for some reason you cant veiw the images or they have gone/turned into something else then I am sorry but this is my first attempt at using photobucket...
    and if I made a mistake then please tell me...

Reaction score
    Using this system to allow movable turret docking point would be AMAZING (the docking block can travel down this rail with the turret, or even normal docking block attached)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    that gives me another idea...
    large monorail core. like a ship, but remains docked to the monorail line. can enter edit mode inside it. if you make a large monorail thing then you may need an extra wide space for the line or it wont fit...

Reaction score
    It\'s a good idea but it\'s to advanced try to make as small work as u can this means smaller work faster ending/playing

Reaction score
    +1
    I really like the idea of having a moveable turrets and maybe ships, something like a ship rental station :p

Reaction score
    rail yes but the contol block might be like a cart and it fowows the rail with the keys and can be somoned to that part of track by hiting r on the track.

a telapot unit is cool like a holow box with plex doors on one side can be counted as tellport room (aslong as the walls are made of the telaport room block) and the sise limit is baced on what you can aford and you point the ships beem to the target you want to go to and go to the room close the door and hit r on the floor or walls/roof or same if your outside and if you have a ship inside you can send the ship thare grate for sending ships to stranded frends on planits mabby even a way to retreeve ships and peaple who fit with it back to your ship as pick up in battle or in retreats whare your frend was pushed to the planit and cant repare of recover his ship to retreat with you instedof leting him e captured or kiled you can save him

Reaction score
    I support this as walking from point a to point b can take awhile depending on the objects length.