Momentary Activator Block

Reaction score
    This would simply be an activator block that turns off after a moment so it can be activated again. Without it certain circuits won't work correctly and there is no way atm to instruct people to toggle the block (and toggle time is inconsistent).

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Continous Circuitry does not work as in other Games. You need to split out your systems and run them in a multi layer circuit. Think independant Systems all running in parallel. Dedicated activation blocks to each task, then hook up the logic to make it work as you wish.

If you make it in series you will run into logic loops & problems as your describe. Come by sometime we can see your stuff :D

Reaction score
    What's wrong with building a signal shortener like we always did in Minecraft? Although there the most effective ones used pistons, you certainly don't need them.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Here you go. I agree though, a button block in addition to the current activator (toggle) block would be perfect as an input. That way you don't have stray activator blocks that are lit up when not actually being used as toggles.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    ...like we always did in Minecraft?
    Hey Bro - I know you know your stuff, so I'll say this much, the system in Logic we have I see more as Networking traffic (packets) than an electrical circuit with constant Power. This means if you approach the system design differently, you may be able to achieve the your desired result

Here you go. I agree though, a button block in addition to the current activator (toggle) block would be perfect as an input. That way you don't have stray activator blocks that are lit up when not actually being used as toggles.

also Bench - you just replied while I was typing haha - nice one ! you pretty much showed it expertly there

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Bench - you just replied while I was typing haha - nice one ! you pretty much showed it expertly there
    Yeah I've done a LOT of redstone and I figure a fair few have, so translating them into Starmade terms will help bridge the gap.

I'll be posting a lot more about Starmade logic + tutorials etc at this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The problem I see with it, is that you can till activate PlexDoors and don't need a switch.
    Then PlexDoors will remain in their inverse state - the logic blocks just open them instead of closing them.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The problem I see with it, is that you can till activate PlexDoors and don't need a switch.
    Then PlexDoors will remain in their inverse state - the logic blocks just open them instead of closing them.
    I'm not sure what this is in relation to.

Reaction score
    I still think it would be easier-and more convenient-to just have a single block for it. It would also make sure that too much space isn't used up in ships. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure it will change when we get the update SOON®