Modular shielding and power

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    dam it I was going to have logic and make so I can activate draining the shield when I need it

Reaction score
    ok so here my problem with power supply beam ships is.I usually get about 380 fps and when i add 10 of this ship my fps drop to 340 and when i turn on the pulse switch and all the beams activate my fps drop to 25 my question is does any one know if there a way to transfer power with out beams?

Reaction score
    Not that anyone is aware of apparently. What I want to know is how to set a docked power supply beam generator to basically hold the fire button down, rather than a .5 second spurt from a logic clock...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just tried that system, but it doesn't seem to be that effective.
    I build a "Generator Ship" with ca. 1 Mio e/s. Then I docked 25 of them on a ship to see the effect.
    While the generator ships seem to supply the master with 25 mio e/s, the energy drain on the master ship also increased by about the same amount. It looks like the docked ships use the energy from the master, instead of their own generators. That whould make the idea pretty useless.
    Can anyone confirm that?

As for shield suppliers:
    Building 4 (ore more) independend docked ships and timing them so, that they supply only 10 sec each whould give them 30 secs to recharge (and getting "out of combat") while inactive. Combine that with a few shield capacitors on the docked ships and they whould be recharged when the 30 secs are over and then be drained again during the 10 secs.
    That way your mastership should get a higher schield reacharge during combat.

The logic should be quite easy. if a Delay block takes 0.5 secs to switch you need to put 20 in a row and connect the last one through an inverter back to the first. A complete circle whould than take 10 secs. Connect a flip flop to the last delay block and that gives you a logic "1" every 20 secs. Connect that to 2 other Flip flops (one directly, one through an inverter) and they give you a "1" every 40 sec, but 20 secs apart.
    Connect one wireless block directly and one through an inverter to both flip flops and you get 4 "1"-signals every 40 secy, with 10 secs delay between them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.