Status
    Not open for further replies.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Perm banning someone because they posted a couple too many pictures? Are you really doing this now?

Reactions: Equilibrium21

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Kat got banned from chat for posting a couple images that Warsong didnt like, got a green ban from chat. Green bans are basically perma-banns unless you beg for them to be reversed in an appeal. There is no expiry, you have to grovel and beg to be let back into chat afterwards.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    what pictures,and how many of them,after how many warnings..
    context?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    what pictures,and how many of them,after how many warnings..
    context?
    I dunno, I was looking away and honestly didnt notice it. At one point I heard it was because of a double post due to chat lagging and eating messages (which has happened before, and mods just removed the repeated message without consequence), other time I heard it was just a really tall picture, which fills the screen due to the chat system (everyone makes that mistake the first time though).

Nothing about it was consistent with any action by any mod prior, not even the one involved. If you check the rules, it's listed as a "spam" offense, which is worth ~1 point.

What pisses me off about this is the complete inconsistency, where what is okay 1 day is bannable the next, and the only difference is what was in that particular mod's cereal. I'm getting tired of having to pull from the rules goodie-bag to follow when I enter chat, it's getting tiresome.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I dunno, I was looking away and honestly didnt notice it. At one point I heard it was because of a double post due to chat lagging and eating messages (which has happened before, and mods just removed the repeated message without consequence), other time I heard it was just a really tall picture, which fills the screen due to the chat system (everyone makes that mistake the first time though).

Nothing about it was consistent with any action by any mod prior, not even the one involved. If you check the rules, it's listed as a "spam" offense, which is worth ~1 point.

What pisses me off about this is the complete inconsistency, where what is okay 1 day is bannable the next, and the only difference is what was in that particular mod's cereal. I'm getting tired of having to pull from the rules goodie-bag to follow when I enter chat, it's getting tiresome.
    Kat,is that the full smd name?
    I will ask around

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Kat,is that the full smd name?
    all ask around
    KatCrusader. Koji should have the chat logs, so if you ask nice enough he might let you see it if you ask, seeing as they are logs from a public place.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is he? I've honestly heard nothing about that before, was it a recent thing or has it been like that for a while?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I know he is retired,but I dont know if they take away the mod "powers" from the retired staff

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He seems to still do administrative/moderation duties.

There was a whole pm about the Event Horizon stuff and he was in it.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, just popping in here to say the issue has been resolved, everything's cool. :) In the future though these kinds of threads aren't really productive in any way. It's best to address concerns with SMD staff with the administration team, which is myself or Duke.

Gonna go ahead and lock this up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.