modify asteroids, Scrap fields, less planets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Modify Asteroids:

1. They used to have a ton of ore, and it was really profitable to mine them. Now there is none.... Find a medium?

2. Asteroids should also spawn differently, they should spawn more in groups than randomly everywhere in every sector. There should be fields, and belts (I know this has been suggested) and they should spawn less randomly in sectors. A few random ones is fine, but they are in every sector and that seems a bit extreme to me. Maybe have small groups of them in some sectors and none in others, along with a few sectors that have a ton of asteroids in them.

3. Sizes, Right now they are all around the same small size. There should be some bigger ones, and some small ones.

Scrap Fields:

I hope this appeals to most people, It sounds like a great one to me. Simply adding scrap fields, similar to asteroid fields, where battles or something could have been fought. There could be bits of blueprints that have random amounts of damage, or chunks of them that spawn. This would be really cool, and make it so you can salvage a fair amount of ship materials that can be hard to find in large enough quantities at shops. This also plays into another suggestion thread I have, with enabling break off. (I know this feature exists, it is a threat to hopefully help it be ready for use more quickly) but that feature probably won't be implemented very soon (even though it is completely awesome, it will also take a long time to be functional.)

Less Planets:

Right now a single star system has way too many planets in it. There are usually around 15 planets in star systems (from what I have seen) and that seems quite unrealistic, and all of those atmospheres can be annoying. Not really anything major, but I have seen quite a few players annoyed with too many planets in a star system, asking if I could remove some, which doesn't seem to be currently possible. (atmosphere is still visible from other sectors after planet is destroyed)

Reaction score
    All these suggestions sound great. I think in the devblogs they\'ve talked about, I think they talked about reducing the amount of planets, but making them larger and 2-sided. Also, the scrap field sounds like a good idea as well, would be awesome to fly through just fields of debri and wreckages.

EDIT: the debri fields also would seem to bring a new sense of danger to the game of flying through if collision damage gets enabled by default, which I barely noticed exists, it\'s just disabled by default right now

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had thought about some of these things for a while, and how some idiot flying their huge ship through a debris/asteroid field would cause tons of lag. The collision damage would probably be the best way to fix that, this way larger ships would avoid the fields, and smaller ships would still go a bit slower through them.

With this people could make small bases in the fields, with some offered protection from larger ships!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For scrap fields, I made a (performance-related) post here:

http://star-made.org/content/enablebreakoff-have-there-be-minimum-number-blocks-broken-part-can-be

Reaction score
    There is already a break off option, it is just a debug feature currently.

It is called \"ENABLE_BREAK_OFF\" and is in the server.cfg file near the top.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The suggestion thread I have is suggestions to hopefully get it fully implemented sooner, and a few changes for it. Mainly for performance, but some for changes in general to it. I\'ll modify the post to make it more obvious though :)