Mobs

Reaction score
    I am having some troubles with natural spawning of Pirates, and Trading Guild mobs...
    Is there some setting that i have to turn on?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Did you want to turn pirate spawning off? Or were they not spawning already?

If you want to turn them off, open your Starmade installation folder. Find the server.cfg file and open it with Notepad or another rich text editor.

The 4th line down will be ENEMY_SPAWNING = true //Enables enemy spawing
    Simply change the 'true' to false. Save the file and pirates will stop spawning.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Clockwork Alpha I'm curious to know which part of a config command you disagree with?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    In my case i havent seen any pirate in my games and yes ennemy_spawning is at true... maybe pirate a very rare or something is wrong...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The pirate stations should spawn regardless of mob settings, so if you find a blue / purple station with no mobs around it'll confirm a problem with their spawning.

Reaction score
    I have this issue too. I've had people tell me that i need to authorize catalog entries to pirates in the shop screen. I'm a little confused by this instruction, because I don't see pirates as a faction, nor do I see any catalog entries. I see Other, Homebase, and Faction. I'm wondering if people are running a different version than me, or maybe its because I'm in single player. Does anyone have any advice. I tried installing from scratch and the catalog entries are still empty.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have this issue too. I've had people tell me that i need to authorize catalog entries to pirates in the shop screen. I'm a little confused by this instruction, because I don't see pirates as a faction, nor do I see any catalog entries. I see Other, Homebase, and Faction. I'm wondering if people are running a different version than me, or maybe its because I'm in single player. Does anyone have any advice. I tried installing from scratch and the catalog entries are still empty.
    I'm a bit confused by this description. In the Catalog tab there has to be at least one ship (which is, by default, the Isanth), more is of course fine. Click on Admin (which is a tab inside the catalog tab). There, select the ship(s) you want to allow, click permissions and enable "Enemy usable".

Reaction score
    I'm a bit confused by this description. In the Catalog tab there has to be at least one ship (which is, by default, the Isanth), more is of course fine. Click on Admin (which is a tab inside the catalog tab). There, select the ship(s) you want to allow, click permissions and enable "Enemy usable".
    Oh, man, that was it! Somehow I didn't see the tabs along the top after entering the catalog. I finally found the admin. I'm a programmer, but I'm over 40 so I guess tabs must be beyond my comprehension