• Bloody awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Mobile Factories
    Something that I've seen on a lot of mining ships is a refinery area, now while factories could be restricted to stations, maybe micro-assemblers or capsule refineries be allowed on ships. Personally, I would prefer factories to also be on ships, as I'd rather be a nomad than settle on a planet. :P

This would allow the RP refineries in mining ships to become functional, and would make sense for a mining ship to have a refining bay.

Mobile Shops
    Along with my idea of being a nomad, the idea of a travelling merchant comes into play. It would be nice to have a shop module that can be fitted onto ships, with only limited storage which can be expanded by storage modules and the cargo system once it's implemented.

Mobile Respawning
    Clones. Make a cloning module, which can infinitely create clones of players so that they may spawn at the ship in which they're stored. These clones will need to be stored in cryo-chambers, and will require a fair amount of resources to make, along with time. However, being able to spawn in the middle of battle a hundred times could be rather interesting.

These are just broad idea that I've thrown around, they are not complete. Their main purpose is to entice others into coming up with ideas both for balance and mechanics/gameplay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hi
    Mobile Respawning:

I started a thread regarding spawning on ships link below:

http://starmadedock.net/threads/respawn-on-ship.7502/

Mobile shops:
    Why not, I don't see how they could become game breaking.

Mobile Factories:
    I cant find the thread but this has been discussed before and as I understand it this will be part of the capital ship system when that is started.
    Which means that yes mobile ship factories could be in game but there would be a penalty for having them installed on a ship, so no super battleship that pumps out Ikea furniture for a shop module to sell.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi
    Mobile Respawning:

I started a thread regarding spawning on ships link below:

http://starmadedock.net/threads/respawn-on-ship.7502/

Mobile shops:
    Why not, I don't see how they could become game breaking.

Mobile Factories:
    I cant find the thread but this has been discussed before and as I understand it this will be part of the capital ship system when that is started.
    Which means that yes mobile ship factories could be in game but there would be a penalty for having them installed on a ship, so no super battleship that pumps out Ikea furniture for a shop module to sell.
    Your thread of mobile respawning is rather basic and based around a captains quarters. Mine is about creating and storing clones, and then having to use those if you die. In the update that came just today, spawning on ships (when you start the game) has been implemented.

My idea isn't factories, as I stated, it would be a good idea for a REFINERY. It seems as though you literally just read the titles, and assumed what I was going to say. Maybe I should change the wording, but my idea is that factories are still station only, but refineries aren't, allowing mining ships to refine the ores into capsules as it mines.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Your a bit sensitive this morning, have a coffee and chill.
    I was adding to your thread as this is a forum for discussion by pointing out that I had posted a similar idea regarding spawning on ships to yours but also took into account the fact that unlike Eve online your ships can be stolen in Starmade.

My reference to factories, your "wording" was to say that this is a planned feature, it was not a dismissal of additional ideas.
    Would you expand on your refinery concept explaining the merits of being able to do this aside from a RP point of view, which in it self is not a bad thing?

Anyway I'm getting a coffee, cheers.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your a bit sensitive this morning, have a coffee and chill.
    I was adding to your thread as this is a forum for discussion by pointing out that I had posted a similar idea regarding spawning on ships to yours but also took into account the fact that unlike Eve online your ships can be stolen in Starmade.

My reference to factories, your "wording" was to say that this is a planned feature, it was not a dismissal of additional ideas.
    Would you expand on your refinery concept explaining the merits of being able to do this aside from a RP point of view, which in it self is not a bad thing?

Anyway I'm getting a coffee, cheers.
    Sorry if my last post came across as aggressive, not sure how it does, but it's Monday, so that's probably how. :P

The main reason is quite simply for RP reasons, but also adds a lot more functionality to mining ships, or maybe you could have a giant refinery ship, in which a swarm of small miners undock and mine, the resources get pooled there, and they all get refined in bulk.

Another idea I just had, have a sort of factory that builds off a blueprint automatically. You place the factory, designate an area somehow, shove a blueprint in there and have resources going to it, then you can mass-produce little babby drones with ease! \o/

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Since the latest update all this can be achieved, if the server-owner disables a specific setting.
    How to do so should remain under lock and key though, until most servers updated, so some exploits related to it do not apply to them anymore.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Really ? Wow.
    This would be great as the OP stated some players want to be nomads and I can say that some players on the server I play on have been screaming out for this for a long time.

For my personal play style Im waiting "fingers crossed" for the ability to respawn on a mother ship, this would make flying fighters worthwhile.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hello again community, I am back from my few week hiatus from the forum and StarMade (I have been busy with other things). Blaza612, you have summarized my true hope for when a Capital ship designation will be added, making the main vessel of a fleet have more ability than your "run of the mill" star-fighter. Like you said, it is more balanced for there to be refineries on ships instead of straight up giving factories, which defeats the point of a station other than having something invulnerable from all gunfire, and to those who say that there is a config for that, I know, I just wish it was default (I don't want to run to another sector on my galactic hike to refine down my ore). I agree that mobile shops are not game breaking, because at the moment, they really can not be abused to an extreme anyway, so what is wrong with allowing for a trading interface instead of just throwing cash to someone and grabbing your purchase, which is as close to being as dangerous as a mexican standoff with rambo and robocop. Finally, cloning chambers are great, maybe if you could select which one to spawn in like a particular minecraft mod (because so many people relate this game to minecraft even though it's not), which allows for clones and must be reset for other clones. In all, good ideas Blaza612. :)

Reactions: Blaza612

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yes, but it should be a capital ship system.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, but it should be a capital ship system.
    What I want to know, is why? Balance can easily be considered the reason, especially for respawn, but other than that, there isn't much of a reason. Not only that, but I have provided different ways of balance for each, which completely avoids the idea of a capital ship system to allow the majority of players to access these features. With mobile refineries, it's simply only the refining part, as it makes sense for a mining ship to be able to refine. I don't see much of a problem with factories being placed on ships though. With mobile shops, they would have limits to what they can store. With Mobile respawning, you have to spend time, resources and space in order to create and store clones for use in battle, they would be a bit more late-game than say factories.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Except that balance is supposed fully customizable serverside, so using balance as a reason does not apply, except for dupe-exploits and similar.
    Also, as it is disclosed now[even the ticket inthe tracker is public now] http://starmadedock.net/threads/20202/
    Well then, that proves my point even more, as my point was that it shouldn't be a capital ship only system. :P

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well then, that proves my point even more, as my point was that it shouldn't be a capital ship only system. :p
    false, it does not. it only proves that it shouldn't be FORCED to be a capital-ship-only system.