Missing Weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi there everyone!

So, as we all know we already got some weapons in this game which are very good. I really like the lazer beams and missiles, also all the supportive systems as the repair beams and such. (Even though I may not use all of them xD) anyways! I still feel like there are some missing weapons in this game. I don't know if I am the only one feeling this way.

To those who wants to skip the shitchat read bellow:

Weapons I'd like to see in this game

*Lazer-Beams*
    There is alerady a lazer beam shooter, but this is not the "pew pew" one. I'd like this one to be a more like a line. It should deal tons of damage but the down side could be the way it eats power prehaps.

*Nuke*
    Everyone love nukes! xD Ok, but there has to be downsides using those too. The damage should be enormus, while the weapon is built by hand so it is an actuall model that can be shot down maybe. Then you also could adjust the bombs power by its size. (the bombs that already exists in the game feels weak in my opinion)

*Controlled missiles*
    Just like it sounds like. You guide it yourself to it's target.

*Objects*
    (This is only if collision damage is implented in the game) Yes. A canon that can fire any object you've build it to shoot. Very high damage. Low accuracy, only one shot, reloaded manually. (this would be good to use against space stations or planets which are staying completley still)

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what I can think of right now. I'd like to hear your opinions too, even maybe add your suggestions to the list. So I hope you like it. :)

Reaction score
    There is already a weapon that can fire player build objects: the Pulsator

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah.. but those aren\'t made for weaponry I think. I know they\'re in the weapons section, but what use do they have if collision damage doesn\'t exist?
    I thought they were made for a selfdefence. pushing away ships that are close to you.. nothing else.

Reaction score
    /Laser Beams/

A suggestion that many have suggested, its really just a slavage beam that does damage. Has uses but I believe that beams are currently pretty laggy on old machines, could be a major problem with range of weapon.

/Nuke/

... I am not a big fan of \"super weapons\" specifically thermo nuclear warheads. Even if the weapon had to be built by hand, It could still be a weapon that would be abused, instead of swarm missles, there would be A single, super powerful weapon that could be launched by a player in a missle frigate, and right nto a fleet of warships. So basically, no.

/Controlled missles/

THis has limited use at best, I would only use this on my stations as a last ditch effort to repel invaders. It could be added, but I would add it much later in the beta maybe.

/Projectile launchers/

This is an interesting concept, but nothing more. THe pulsator system, as crazy as it gets, is about as good as its gonna get. It wouldn\'t really fit into the game as is, maybe later down the road.

Reaction score
    go to the http://star-made.org/content/how-about-covanet-glassing-beam-halo-or-maby-mac-cannon-unsc-halo

if you like the railgun/ laser idea.