Bug Missing ships in Singleplayer

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since this has been posted everywhere else but here, I will post it here. The community on steam and here has checked into this and it is a thing. Including /force_saving just before exit, at a full stop, people are missing their ships when they log back in. 10 or more people at least have reported this through various community threads. I am positive that many more rage quit and will never return when their ship went missing.

This is a singleplayer issue. The server is saved and stopped. Searching for the ship provides no result.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Its a strange bug and took me a while to figure out a workaround. Every time it happened I would delete the world and start over. I tried the usual force save, reinstall, blah blah blah, but nothing worked. Until i tried picking up the core. It crashed my game. I decided not to start in a new world this time and figure out what was going on. When I started messing around trying to reproduce the bug it was gone soo...

After some trial and error this is what I come up with.

Spawn your first core then leave game. The core must be placed in the world.
    Once back in game your core will be gone but so will the bug.
    Use /give_credits command to cover the cost of the missing core, if it matters to you, and buy a new core.

I guess some in game actions are also bugged when you're in your first ship. Picking up your core, completely mining a station and blowing up a planet will cause a crash. Also it doesn't matter if you spawn the ship in or not the first core placed in the world will disappear.

Reaction score
    Another workaround I accidentally found is that if you drop a second core after creating your first ship, and, well I destroyed the second core for whatever reason but after I did so I exited and when I logged back in my original ship was right there waiting on me. :)

I'm not sure if destroying the second core is necessary....

Edit: spelling

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Huh, I dont think I tried that one. At least you get to keep both cores with your work around, good find.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Huh, I dont think I tried that one. At least you get to keep both cores with your work around, good find.
    Is this on the bug tracker? if so you need to put it there (I can't because I don't have this problem)