Missiles! For goodness sake, turn em' down!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ok so checking the combinations of Misseles + beam and + pulse i wonder is it really the pulse missiles you are afraid of? Yes it has a huge radius hitting everything even behind shielding... but the missile travels at 37m/s (default server settings 1:1 ratio) where as the beam missile jumps at you with 445m/s so PD turrets rarely have a chance getting these. Mispulse, 2 minutes reload time, Misbeam, 45s ... you sure it is the pulse guys you are afraid of? i am assuming you are talking about the Mb version. Well, get more PD turrets

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I just did another test using a higher yield warhead missile system
    The test block is 4-30x30x30 blocks to make one large block of adv black hull, no shields applied.

The missile system used located on one side of the turret consisting of 16 launchers x 64 blocks of missile, beam, explosive set at the value of 25 on explosion absorption and did not appear to due to much resistance and left a nice clean dug out of the adv blocks, with bits of blocks still fresh from the explosion present

So I set the explosion absorption value to 95 and repeated the test to the 2 test blocks

It did core out the first block and showed signs of some resistance upon receiving a second impact

This the impact creator of the second test block clearly shows a reduced impact creator in size and resistance of the individual missiles launched by the imprint of the resistance pattern in yellow damaged hull.

My conclusion for a server would be to also alter the config set up for the missiles reducing there overall effective output, the blocks themselves can only divert a certain percentage of the total output of a missile system alone, a ship consisting of a single layer or even up to a 3 layer system of block defense would have "0" chance of any survivability once the shields have been reduced to "0". For the effort and time to make Adv blocks with there settings is absolute waste of time in this scenario.
    The stock setting of current is way over under balanced for good gameplay balance for effective combat in ship to ship fighting. You only end up using a portion % of the actually game, again this affects economy, trading, business in lue of building a system that's over OP for a single strategy fight.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    ok so checking the combinations of Misseles + beam and + pulse i wonder is it really the pulse missiles you are afraid of? Yes it has a huge radius hitting everything even behind shielding... but the missile travels at 37m/s (default server settings 1:1 ratio) where as the beam missile jumps at you with 445m/s so PD turrets rarely have a chance getting these. Mispulse, 2 minutes reload time, Misbeam, 45s ... you sure it is the pulse guys you are afraid of? i am assuming you are talking about the Mb version. Well, get more PD turrets
    Using stock values turrets have lousy accuracy which is aggravated further by only cannons being able to intercept missiles rather than inherently more accurate beams. Even with near aimbot like accuracy and rapid fire weapons they tend to miss more than they hit. Granted its still alpha so a lot may change between now and release, but atm even using buffed values hull is second tier protection at best due to a low HP cap and weirdness in how missile damage is handled.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Using stock values turrets have lousy accuracy which is aggravated further by only cannons being able to intercept missiles rather than inherently more accurate beams. Even with near aimbot like accuracy and rapid fire weapons they tend to miss more than they hit. Granted its still alpha so a lot may change between now and release, but atm even using buffed values hull is second tier protection at best due to a low HP cap and weirdness in how missile damage is handled.
    i agree on the "it is strange"-part how can it even do damage to ... and well beams not hitting them i found strange from the first day on.
    I just made the experience that on really big vessels the amount of PDTs makes it more likely one getting the lucky shoot. so i just tend to put more of them on my ships :)