Missiles damaging personnel inside the ship

Reaction score
    I was walking around in my cruiser when what I presume was a missile killed me. My sheilds were still up and I have three layers of hull plating, as well as a layer on the inside. I think the problem is the way missiles work in the game. It's awesome to fire a missile and damage systems deep within the ship, but my sheilds were still up, I shouldn't take any damage, right?

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Im no expert and correct me if im wrong but i think that the missles have a blast radius that could penetrate your ship and kill entities, just not blocks...just my theory

Reaction score
    Still should be fixed, though. Hopefully in a later update?

Reaction score
    That\'s exactly how missiles work. That\'s why I said that it was probably a missile. It\'s going to be hard to solve this problem, though, if they get around to it. One way that might solve the problem for ships and stations is to have a big bubble arounf your ship made of open plex doors. If I remember right it blocks everything but entities.

Reaction score
    Missiles still go through open plexdoors. It still might be feasible to put plexdoors around a station. Whenever hostile ships are in the area, all you have to do is send out all your ships and lock down the station.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Missiles go through open plex-doors?

I just know that they make AMC-impacts invisible (yes, impacts), due to a not visible shield effect