Bug missile explosion bug?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It's been up for just over 12 hours, I think it's more likely he hasn't seen it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's been up for just over 12 hours, I think it's more likely he hasn't seen it.
    only 12? ow xD sorry andyP
    I thought it had been for like atleast 24 hours :D
    maybe like 36, should have checked the time first before posting that :oops:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    wow, this looks odd,
    however this can happen if you have an "armor type" block on top.
    As it does use "blast-protection" mechanics now, and calculates like a shadow behind the block and keeps those blocks intact.

But that exact shape is very odd, unless there were 2-3 blocks with unusual high block HP.
    If you can sort of reproduce that, may you give us a blueprint of the combination that causes this?

(Yes, I was working and did not see this thread yet. =) As my holidaytime is now over, my reaction times should slightly increase.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    wow, this looks odd,
    however this can happen if you have an "armor type" block on top.
    As it does use "blast-protection" mechanics now, and calculates like a shadow behind the block and keeps those blocks intact.

But that exact shape is very odd, unless there were 2-3 blocks with unusual high block HP.
    If you can sort of reproduce that, may you give us a blueprint of the combination that causes this?

(Yes, I was working and did not see this thread yet. =) As my holidaytime is now over, my reaction times should slightly increase.)

- Andy
    you want me to give you a blueprint of the normal ship & the totally in pieces ship?
    hmmm I hope I can still find it :D

I can tell you what I already know,
    the angle I made the screenshot in is the angle I shot the missiles.
    the armor was black hull with a few random blue light spots.

how can I give the blueprints to you once I got em?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437490846,1437490717][/DOUBLEPOST]ow forgot to ask, how was your holiday?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Only the "pre-impact" state would be interesting, as we may want to evaluate what caused the "explosion shadow"

It 'should' be a single heavy armored block that got killed while shooting, OR some bug with some hole or anything alike.
    While the first case is "ok" the latter one should be investigated and fixed if possible.

If you have a blueprint from the ship before the impact it would be great to upload it here, or if not wanting to share it with all, click on my name and hit "start a conversation" this allows a private file transfer.

Edit:
    Holidays were fine, wasn't far away, only to our capital for a few days (Berlin), but mostly enjoying the nice weather we had with my family.

- Andy

Reactions: HolyCookie