Miranda Class Starship

Reaction score
    Hello all.

After seeing some of the downright impressive builds here, I thought I'd have a go at building something big. After a few failed attempts at being original and creative, I decided to blatantly copy a lesser-known (and more importantly smaller) Star Trek vessel, the Mirand Class:

I am buillding the ship to as exacting specifications as I am able. The following features are planned:

• 277 meter total length
    • 174 meter total width
    • 75 meter total draught
    • 11 main decks, 2 sub-decks in engineering
    • at least 75 crew bearths, with enough room for over 250 personel
    • 1 large, 3-deck hangar bay with enough room for at least 2 shuttlecraft

So far, I've only outlined the hull area and the upper decks. Due to the.... limited potential of a 1 meter cube-based building system, decks will be 3 meters floor-to-cieling with only 1 meter between. This means I may run into issues with regards to lighting, but I may just put the lights in the wall and call it good. I only have ~3500 blocks placed so far, but I've only been at this for half an hour. More pictures and/or details will come with progress. Thanks for taking an interest.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The miranda class is my faviourate class of starship i hope it goes well!

Reaction score
    Decently-sized update; I have the forward upper exterior hull about done, and I\'ve framed out the lower 4 decks and the sensor array. I also realized I made a mistake early on in the build in that I had the edge of the main hull sloping the wrong way. This was due to a schematic sheet that I was using for deck plans that wasn\'t actually a Miranda class vessel, despite being labelled as such. This took a bit of time to fix, but now it\'s right and it looks it.

And before anyone points it out, I know the large rear section slopes back (at 15 degree angle, to be specific). I caught this error after I took the screenshot, and it\'s been remedied since.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Looks brilliant so far i hope you will let me take it for a test drive on some klingon D7 Battlecruisers.

Reaction score
    Made more progress on her. I ended up opting for the refit just because there is more source material and reference images available for it else I would have made the original.

Anyways, I finished up must of the upper hull, the nacelles, the impulse drive, the forward weapon arrays, and the \"rollbar\" structure with photon torpedo module. I also blocked out the two rear shuttlebay entrances. I\'ll let the pictures do the talking:

I would like to say that I\'ve kept everything within a few meters of perfectly scale. The ship, as it stands, is 170 meters wide, 270 meters long, and 80 meters draught. The nacelles are 20 meters wide, 170 meters long, and 25 meters tall. Note that all measurements are not exact and probably differ by only a few meters.

The only bits I\'m not happy about right now are the rear of the hull where the fusion reactor is, and the end of the engine nacelles, both of which I don\'t think I\'ll be changing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    IT all looks fine to me you have managed to make a saurcer section better than how i make mine i end up deleting mine when i try cause they look so bad :P

Reaction score
    That right there is a pretty great looking recreation. Curious to see interior and finished product. Keep us posted.

Reaction score
    Wasn\'t expecting this thread to come bcak from the depths of forums. I finished the exterior and got a good portion of the interior done as well. I\'ll post pics when I can.