Read by Council Minor suggestion: Color Code Symmetry options

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hello, I had just a minor suggestion I wished to put forth before the council. The concept consists of a minor UI tweak to via some means color code the various symmetry options in advanced build mode to match that of their respective plane. The reason I feel this is worth suggesting is twofold:

1. I feel that it would make which option does what immediately apparent and thus much faster for someone to pick up on. In particular new players since they would only have to match the option color with the plane they want. I personally still get them mixed up at times and I've played on and off for at least two years so while not a veteran player I'm not exactly a noob either.

2. It (appears) to be a fairly cheap tweak in terms of dev resources in return for a small but tangible quality of life improvement for both new and old players alike.

In either case I wish to say thanks for your time along with any feedback to help guide future suggestions.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm gonna first say that, while I sort of agree, this is nitpicking.

I'm not sure color-coding the buttons is the way to go here. You need to be familiar with what color is used for each plane before it's useful. A better option, imo, would be to simply label them more clearly. Fore/Aft Plane, Top/Bottom, Port/Star.
    And then you have stations which mess up my label idea.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is something that might already be possible with tweaks to the UI/HUD files, I've never messed with the UI/HUD myself so I can't say for sure.