Minor question: How are 'well known members' recognised?

Reaction score
    Like the title says; how are badges given out and how are the 'forum contributor' titles decided? Is it decided by the moderators, or is it automatic after a set number of likes, ratings or messages?

Just wondering how it works. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I got mine after 200 likes I believe

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's based on trophy points. I should get "Well-Known Member" when I either get the 250 like or 1000 message trophies.

I'm not sure exactly what the criteria for badges are, but I am interested in knowing as well.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    1.) It goes by points which you get from trophies http://starmadedock.net/help/trophies
    New Member - is the default rank
    Member - requires 5 points
    Active Member - requires 25 points
    Well-Known Member - requires 45 points

More trophies are coming in the future after we finish the chat and all other important forum features. New user titles will also be made, the current ones are just place holders for now.
    That link will show you how appoints are awarded, it's all automatic for trophies and user titles.

Badges are not automatic, they are chosen a number of ways. A couple of ways you can get a badge, is if a Schine member happens to think your content is awesome. You can also get a badge from being noticed by many community members for quality content (depending on which badge) and finally , forum staff go through the most liked and most active users and sift through their content to see if they think a badge should be awarded.

A forum administration will finally be notified about the badge recommendations, they will then make the final decision on whether the user should be awarded.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    That last one

Do I not count for that?

Reaction score
    I was just wondering the same thing with my new member status

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I was just wondering the same thing with my new member status
    The automatic trophies do take some time to propagate as well. Once you get your 5 points for breaking 30 messages you should get the "Member" status