MINING SOUNDS PLEASE!

Reaction score
    Hello, I am just getting into this game but the lack of sounds for the lasers really is a damper on the whole experience. I know I know "but there are not sounds in space" you all say.. while that may be true well so is this: I Am not out in space when I am mining, I am in an oxygen rich ship, and I cannot help but think you would here some kinds of sounds for the amount of current it would take to make a beam like that.. "Electrical current doesn't make sounds!?" Well... yes, yes it does, I work on High Voltage High Amperage machines all day and when you are commanding 1,000 amps out of something it makes an awfully loud and large range of noise's.

So please! in hopes to make this game better, look into this seriously, as I know many people who would like mining to be better and in my mind this is the first Essential step to do that. Besides... Every hard hitting space mmo ( Star-citizen, Dangerous Elite, no mans sky, and so on) all will have or do have audible Mining. So if there's something to be learned here, its people Want to hear their Giant laser in action : }

- Tom Peters, Weapons engineer.

Reaction score
    The game is currently in a very early mode and sadly sounds aren't a priority.

I think there should be a sound for lots of things, even basic sounds would be good for now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    sounds will probably get an overhaul sometime in the future, but I wouldn't count on it soon

Reaction score
    Fair Enough! : } Classical music will just have to do!

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Starmade actually has a large pack of sounds in its files right now, its just things get changed so often in this game, it would be better for it all to settle before deciding what sounds go where.