Mining missile

Reaction score
    A missile thats strongon terrain that drops the item when the block is blown up. Like potash miners today and expoisions to clear out large areas.

Reactions: Mr. V
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    .... nice idea - it would be nice to have a slightly different option (like this) for mining than the current salvage cannon!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the concept of an explosive that drops the actual block is pretty interesting, but a missile would make things much much too easy. Maybe something like a disintegrator block could fill that role instead of a missile?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think the concept of an explosive that drops the actual block is pretty interesting, but a missile would make things much much too easy. Maybe something like a disintegrator block could fill that role instead of a missile?
    Disintegrators make it easier, they are far more efficient than missiles. I think both Disintegrators should make items be dropped and mining missiles be implemented.

Reaction score
    Thought this happened already with the linking thing? If not, like the idea of a punch-through 'core drilling' miner. Planet eaters get boring after a while.

Reaction score
    Prehaps the missile would require alot of power and move slow to balance.
    Btw, by high power I dont mean 100mil for 1 15k block missile, I mean 100mil for a 5k block missile. Its not like your chasing down ships withit, so it can be fairly slow.
    Someone else said somewhere that there should be a glow around dropped items, and that would be a must. What if you shot the missile and destroyed the complete asteroid, and lost it cause a pirate just happened to fly in and start killing you.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think we need one new kind of block
    1. block dropper: ejects a specific block from a linked inventory in a direction dictated during the placement of the block dropper. (filtered, so it only expels one block type.) The ejected block would be a one-block asteroid at that point.

Then a push beam could accelerate the ejected block.

This would add some good stuff to the game. In this case, it would add a lot to mining, by allowing us to shoot disintegrators like explosive mining shells.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think this is a great idea, I always found it odd how Schema claims to want people to not only build war ships, yet we only have one type of mining thing, and TONS of weapons, not saying I dislike the weapons with my violent personality, but I just think there should be some other tools.

P.S. I don't have any ideas of what other tools to add that I haven't already suggested, so yeah...

Reaction score
    Lol, I think I would love that dropper idea. *Builds a bomber.. flys over a city... missiles faction block.... drops 5000 disentigrators on city*

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lol, I think I would love that dropper idea. *Builds a bomber.. flys over a city... missiles faction block.... drops 5000 disentigrators on city*
    Yeah, if someone forgets to build shields, this would have huge troll potential. Then again, I think such a thing as carpet bombing is realistic.