Mining drone missing secret sauce?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Grrr....

Okay what is the secret sauce I'm missing to get a the fleet command to mine sector to work....

I've spent 12 hours today making various mining drones. There all factioned. In fleet. Core is connected to salvage computer. Salvage computer is connected to cargo. Yet regardless of number of outputs from over 400 down to 1 not a single mining drone will fire it's salvage beam. They all just move around and get into position. Bounce around or wriggle around a bit and that's it. It doesn't even matter if its just one entire asteroid in the entire sector.....

So what secret sauce am I missing from my mining drones to get them to work. Note this isn't the bug where it fails after mining one asteroid. I have yet to see any drone fire up a single tick of any salvage beam even once so far.....

Reaction score
    Fleet mining is really bugged right now. From the sounds of it you might be able to use a wireless logic activated auto-mining set up on the mining drones, but it would only get you so far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay thank you. If its broken I'll just leave it for now. I'll design the mining drones and mining carrier some other time.

Reaction score
    I cant remember if I reset the faction module or the bobby ai(I know you don't need it) or removed and replaced the salvage computer to get it to work.

Make sure the guns are in the hot bar maybe?

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This happened to me but make sure you take a look at you asteroid block count. Mine was going down (things were being mined) without the beams being drawn.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Grrr....

Salvage computer is connected to cargo. ....
    On my drones, the Salvage Computer is connected to Storage, then Storage is connected to Cargo. I leave the Storage to NOT auto-pull. That way when they re-dock they automatically unload.