Mining AI

Reaction score
    Hello i just want to ask when you fix the broken Mining AI from the newest update?
    [doublepost=1467619538,1467619475][/doublepost]Can you downgrade with the new map? Or will i lose everything on my server?

Reaction score
    I'd try a backup database then downgrade.
    I'm new so beware I have limited experience.

Though I think I did a downgrade on one of my local servers and everything was good.
    I run a steam version, and one old version and one up to date server for MP gaming on the desktop.
    As well as whatever i need versions on my laptops so the kids can connect to whatever local world i'm running at the time.

Cheers

BTW: the mining bug sux too.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    not sure what you mean by new map (unless you're previously using an older version before the map overhaul) but the Mining AI is still pretty messed up. However its ability to mine is heavily dependent on how many outputs the salvaging array has. Current the AI only works perfectly with just one output. Any more and it starts to have trouble finding a target.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I use mining drones with 40ish outputs and they seems to work fine until they reach the last 100 or so blocks on an asteroid. It's only then they have to pause and figure out what to shoot at.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I use mining drones with 40ish outputs and they seems to work fine until they reach the last 100 or so blocks on an asteroid. It's only then they have to pause and figure out what to shoot at.
    the problem is that the AI is inconsistent. some times it works with multiple outputs some times it doesn't. the only reliable designs i've seen are ones that just one output.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I find that increasing the sector size and therefore the salvage range helps to avoid the miners stuttering. As far as outputs I notice it only really aims with one and the rest kind of fire off on their own and sometimes will brush across the asteroid but not reliably.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I find that increasing the sector size and therefore the salvage range helps to avoid the miners stuttering. As far as outputs I notice it only really aims with one and the rest kind of fire off on their own and sometimes will brush across the asteroid but not reliably.
    I play on a server with fairly large sector sizes and I've never seen any issues mining. Perhaps we should bump up the default range of salvage arrays, that might alleviate some issues.

Reaction score
    I play on a server with fairly large sector sizes and I've never seen any issues mining. Perhaps we should bump up the default range of salvage arrays, that might alleviate some issues.
    I on the other hand play on a server with fairly short salvager ranges...
    As a workaround, it might be worth a try, but I'd still hope for a proper fix that would allow them to work at any range - what would be the point of having it as a block configuration option otherwise?