Minimum System Requirement

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You really need to post the minimum system requirements somewhere. I've looked and it doesn't exist anywhere, not on the wiki, nor in the FAQ or on the download page.

I suspect my computer can't handle your game, as much as I would love to play, so I'm not going to bother digging out my system details for you to confirm or deny.

But you're going to keep getting questions about this (I've seen a few already) until you actually formally post them somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    right now it\'s free to try it out, so you dont lose anything to download it and play it. Except maybe 10mins of your life

Reaction score
    dreamclassier

they can\'t put a min system requirements because the game is in development so they can not put it out because the requirements may change

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know just one thing For now you need Vertex Shader 3.0 or better mine is 2.0 so i cannot play...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m not asking for carved stone tablets or contracts signed with blood. I understand that the requirements are bound to change. But that doesn\'t mean the admins can\'t post the current minimum system requirements. If they change, then change the website.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    dreamclassier ist right. The minimum system requirements dont need to be accurate. They just need to let people know more or less if the game works on the computer or not. Most of them try it out anyway but it would help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @greenpanther If it breaks my computer, then it takes me a week to get everything restalled and working properly. Not ten minutes. And yes, I\'ve had games break my computer to that degree before.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I find it hard to believe that a game like StarMade could \"break your computer\" as you said. Your best bet is to try it out. Honestly, I think the devs\' time is better spent actually working on developing new features or fixing bugs than doing stress tests and calculations to determine a minimum system requirement.

I think it\'s safe to say that if your computer can run Minecraft, it can also run StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I never said my computer could run minecraft. It can\'t, by the way; at least, not any versions post-beta.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey mate, do you mind if I run a backtrace on you through the forums? I can use it to easily find out your hardware configuration and see if it can be optimized to run StarMade.

Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My point is still valid. I can\'t think of any way that StarMade would be capable of damaging your hardware or software.

Reaction score
    Starmade has a higher system requirement than Minecraft, especially when planets/calibiri-classes are loading. The shaders that are loaded are more extensive than MC, which has been indicated by folk who cannot play due to shader/driver issues, but who can play MC properly.

When normally joining a game, face-loading lag isnt noticeable, because theres usually about 1 shop loaded. But if you fly to a planet, suddenly a whack of faces load, which can be very taxing on older computers. Schemas primary focus for this game is optimization and performance. Improvements will be made along the way. But I can say with total assuredness that the game will only become more expensive of a process, as more blocks, gameplay processes, and visuals are added.

Sometime i\'ll attempt to figure out what kind of ram is required as a minimum. For the very least with a single planet rendered and no lag. We know flat out that older than Intel 3000 chipset families are incompatible, so thats a start.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    The minimum requirements are approximately:

CPU: Core2Duo 2.0 GHZ

RAM: 1.5 - 2.0 GB (depending on OS)

GPU: Intel 4000 or equivalent/higher (has to support a minimum of OpenGL 2.1)

(not official, just rough estimates)

Minimum specs can best be found through simply testing it on hundreds of different setups, since Starmade is basically run by 2 devs thats a no-go....

Besides, trying the game will not break your computer, that\'s BS, it\'s a java app that runs within the confines of your OS. Besides overheating your hardware, there\'s nothing it can break without your direct interference.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I only used the Minecraft comparison because in my experience, I get a higher framerate playing StarMade than Minecraft on both my high spec desktop and mid spec laptop. I don\'t know the technical details, but I do know that Minecraft is very poorly optimized, even with performance enhancing mods like OptiFine. At least in my experience, StarMade seems to run smoother.

Like I said, I don\'t know the technical details so I could be very wrong. This is just my experience.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It really isnt safe to say that. My computer runs minecraft fine, but starmade wont even start because my computer isnt good enough

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have:
    AMD E1-1200 APU (Dual-Core 1.4Ghz)

ATI Radeon HD 7310 (Based on Physical RAM, I can run it on 256MB Dedicated, but I prefer running it on 512MB)

4GB Physical RAM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    He didn\'t ask for stress tests and calculations. He asked for a professional estimate.

People like to underestimate the value of documentation and marketing when it comes to software development. Of course it\'s not a finished product but I don\'t think these things should be ignored.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'ll know if you can\'t run the game. When you start it up it\'ll give you a message box saying something like \"Sorry, you do not have a good enough graphics card to run this game :(\" , Then the game will automatically shut itself off... *Sigh* ...I learnt this the HARD way D\':

Reaction score
    I also learned the \"hard way\" because after the hard drive went in my good PC I had to use my old Acer (poor things like 4+ years old) but when I tried loading up StarMade on the Acer it gave me a similar message about my graphics card. I\'d say if you think our computer can handle it try it out...
    The download is free so why not

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game occasionally overheats my computer\'s cores, making it the only game to do so. I currently have to open a window to monitor my computer\'s core temperatures every time I play this game.