Mini Harbinger (EVE online inspired ship)

Reaction score
    Hi guys,

This is my first ever ship completed in Starmade. I decided to build one of my favorite combat ships from the game EVE Online by CCP.

My goal was not accuracy, since it is about 24% the scale the size the Harbinger battlecruiser from EVE Online. I just wanted to get the exterior resembling the ship. (the interior is currently just two corridors and a cockpit, so nothing special)

I did not import or convert the model from EVE, this was built entirely by eye - using random screenshots of the same ship on the internet.

The first-half of the build time was done in survival mode without admin commands or cheats. The build was taking too long so I resorted to admin commands to complete it.

So here it is - a frigate sized harbinger with the mass of a destroyer. It is quite difficult to turn nevertheless!

The stats are not great or efficient, but here they are:

stats (approx)
    length: 95m (actual Harbinger size is 395m!)
    65k shields with 9000 s/sec regen.
    2 million energy w/ 350k energy regen
    3 missle computers with linked beams each dealing 50k dmg
    artillery cannon with linked pulse and punchthrough, doing 80k dmg
    Ion cannon
    1 jumpdrive, 1 radar jammer
    some strategically placed blast doors with access to space from the cockpit, and from the rear of the ship.

Since the cannon and missile outputs are hard-mounted center-forward (not turret-docked), the little turrets on the sides of the wings are just decorative.

I hope to make another version with the correct scale, using Amarrian weapon and armor philosphy (only beam type weapons with effect-hardened armor and less shields) with an actual attempt at an interior with more roominess; a core placed further back in the hull utilizing cameras to change the POV so as to not be obstructed by crystal armor; and AI turrets to mitigate the problem of aiming with slow turn speed.

Attachments

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not bad at all. You probably want to completely shell over the systems in the top/bottom of the wings. A;so. don't neglect the underside of the ship. Also, you may want to use crystals for your thrusters instead of lights, since the crystals don't have frames.

Also, some advise for pictures: use tab+G to remove the UI, then use f6 to take a picture. This means you can frame the ship better and you don't have to worry about the cursor box showing up.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Interesting. Tomino_sama was just recently building a larger Harbinger. Not sure if it was full scale. I also have a ton of EVE ships in the works fully scaled. You will see more if you click the signature below :D

Reaction score
    Not bad at all. You probably want to completely shell over the systems in the top/bottom of the wings. A;so. don't neglect the underside of the ship. Also, you may want to use crystals for your thrusters instead of lights, since the crystals don't have frames.

Also, some advise for pictures: use tab+G to remove the UI, then use f6 to take a picture. This means you can frame the ship better and you don't have to worry about the cursor box showing up.

Thank you for the tips, much appreciated!

Yeah I was worried about the top and bottom of my wings and front-underside being completely exposed, but that would make the wings thicker than I wanted since I was hesitant to remove any of the weapon/power/effect modules crammed in there. I was thinking increasing the size of the sip would help with that problem, amongst a few other space-related problems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419825940,1419825506][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Interesting. Tomino_sama was just recently building a larger Harbinger. Not sure if it was full scale. I also have a ton of EVE ships in the works fully scaled. You will see more if you click the signature below :D

Wow, that is certainly an epic undertaking you are achieving. Especially with the modular system and weapon attachments - I was just thinking about whether that sort system was possible in Starmade. Turns out it is, thanks to you building it and Schema for making it possible in this game.

I just downloaded your heron blueprint, it's super cool.

Reactions: Krutzelpuntz

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Thank you for the tips, much appreciated!

Yeah I was worried about the top and bottom of my wings and front-underside being completely exposed, but that would make the wings thicker than I wanted since I was hesitant to remove any of the weapon/power/effect modules crammed in there. I was thinking increasing the size of the sip would help with that problem, amongst a few other space-related problems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419825940,1419825506][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wow, that is certainly an epic undertaking you are achieving. Especially with the modular system and weapon attachments - I was just thinking about whether that sort system was possible in Starmade. Turns out it is, thanks to you building it and Schema for making it possible in this game.

I just downloaded your heron blueprint, it's super cool.
    I actually hate the heron. Its interior is supposed to be so much larger than what the model in EVE is capable of supporting. Thanks though! I'll be updating the main post with an actual list of ships that I need to do and imgur albums.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That is a really good ship for a first one. Consider covering up some of the exposed weapons with hull, though. They're quite vulnerable.