Mini games! (AKA command block)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everybody likes to make mini games. So why not add more blocks to allow them to do just that! These following functions can be set so they can only be used by certain people in a white-list type file (or everyone if left blank).
    This is what I could think of:
    • A ship respawn block with an adjustable cool down.
    • More advanced permission block features to allow only certain people to edit the blocks on the station and change their settings.
    • A different activator block with an adjustable cooldown timer that will be able to activate the selected computer(s), to allow you to use those computers for a certain amount of time or uses (amount of times it can be activated), and for a specific ship, meaning that if you trigger an activator block your opponent won't get the effects of it.
    • An inventory taker and supplier block. That way people will easily be able to store their items, give items to players and take items from players (the last two uses are for in-game, and the latter obviously creates a trap).
    • Artificial gravity for ships to add new possibilities to races.
    • A hover engine that will keep the ship from hitting the ground, but it won't allow it to take off either. Forward/backward/strafing movement will still be possible of course.
    • A block that will lock the camera of the player to a certain point of view.
    • A block that will reconstruct all selected (or previously selected) blocks, or if they are damaged, simply replace them.
    A buff/debuff block will add one or more of those buffs/debuffs for a certain time to both ships and players.
    What I could think of (all the buffs will have the opposite as a debuff):
    1. Invincibility,
    2. Health/shield refill,
    3. More damage (think of a configurable multiplier for the damage of all systems),
    4. Faster shield recharge,
    5. Go-through-wall (the blocks it allows you to go through can be set).
    6. Speed increase (m/s of the increase can be set).
    There obviously are a lot more things that could be added. That they're not here doesn't mean that I don't want them in the game, it simply means that I didn't think of them.

Edit: Or there could just be a command block that can add (almost, not the artificial gravity for ships and the hover engine) all of the features listed above (slaps forehead because I didn't think of it earlier).

Reactions: ToyotaSupra
    Reaction score
    Fantastic idea from the fluffy little bunny, the command block in MC can do pure wonders up and including functional stargates.

Imagine what it could do in a game like starmade! I wanted a block like this in SM for a while for this same reason!

I can't see how it can anything but good, so you get a like and a +1 from me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks! It are going to have to be loads of lines of code and functions linked to it, so it won't be a small thing. I guess it would help if we knew what we all wanted.

And that brings me to my question: what else would be nice to see as a function of that command block?

Ps: The only good thing IMO about minecraft is the command block. It allows players to do amazing things with the game. The best I saw was a flood of actual water that slowely got closer and closer. It looked amazing!

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    A hover engine that will keep the ship from hitting the ground, but it won't allow it to take off either. Forward/backward/strafing movement will still be possible of course.
    I believe something like this may be in the works, however it would have to be done correctly in the case of ground vehicles. Instead of simply setting the entity a set number of blocks above the block below it, I think it would to give the entity a set range it could move.

Essentially it would be a variable hover, you could rise up to let's say 5 or 6 blocks above the terrain, or down to one block. Otherwise in order to keep travel smooth on a blocky surface schema would have to calculate the trajectory of the entity and force it to rise or lower depending on the terrain ahead. Giving a range would essentially put that control in the player's hands.

The best I saw was a flood of actual water that slowely got closer and closer. It looked amazing!
    While I'm all for flooding rooms with lava, the concept in minecraft (not necessarily how it was executed) isn't anything new, they had flood mini-games like that way back before survival minecraft.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    And @Zanaten , what is your opinion on the command block idea?
    I'm not sure yet, I think we'll need to wait and see what the logic system evolves into, there's already some crazy stuff going on with it, I'm curious to see where it goes. Something like the command block could be interesting in the future but I think the foundation for logic will need to be set first.