Mines

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As far as I'm aware, you are unable to dock/undock ships/turrets connected to your ship while flying. I also tested a distergrater mine. its just disintegraters place around a ships core, a crude design, yet effective. if we have perhaps another docking block or just the abliltiy to undock an attached ship in flight it would enable the ablility to lay mines, which would be intereresting during fleet retreats. better yet, cloaked mines, or deployable radar jammers. the possibilitys this would bring up would be pretty intereresting. Please leave feedback below.

-SuperMeep

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Have docked ships, go into your weapons menu, and assign a docked item to a number.
    Switch to that number and press fire. Instant undock.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and you could still cloak the mines. What i want to see is an ability in the ai module that lets the ship activate when it undocks, and with it an option for the ai to fly at stuff so that you can have \'mines\' that fly at nearby targets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be nice to be able to make your own missiles. Make a ship with thrusters and disintegrators and an AI module, add the function to be a missile, and when you undock the ship from yours, it flies right at an enemy ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of a deployable radar jammer. cause, they drain so much power.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know if this idea would work or not, but what about homing Mines, if you have several docking modules on your ship don\'t you have the option to undock whatever is docked to your ship? If that is the case you can have a ship core with a bobby AI surrounded by those explosive blocks. When I pirate or enemy gets close and the mines are locked onto the pirate, just hit the undock button and the ship core surrounded by explosive blocks become a homing mine. I had downloaded a blueprint and the ship was a large ship but had no weapons, it was just a docking ship. Whenever I encountered one those ships would ram into my ship, if it\'s the same with a ship core surrounded my explosives, then homing mines can be created. The pirate would be busy shooting at you that he won\'t bother with the mine getting close to him.

Reaction score
    I had it docked on my titan ai ready and when I got to a pirate base I droppedit and it flew at stuff.

Reaction score
    Bobby AI being the derp it is, when there is no weapons attached to the core it will ram into its target until the AI core is destroyed or the enemy is destroyed. put a disintegrator block on the tip of the \'flying bomb\' and activate the AI core. the drone will then fly to its target, hit it and explode on impact causing MASSIVE damage

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does anyone know how the disintegrator scales with damage? From some tests it shows about 80 damage a bomb others show up to 1000 each, sometimes not even 50 damage a bomb.. help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing about that whole bobby AI becoming homing missiles is that you would need to re-make the \"missile\" again. Sure it would be no problem if you have a bunch of bobby\'s and explosives and cores, but having to go into each one of those bobby\'s and activating it is a bitch, and what if you don\'t pay attention to your mini-map and a pirate sneaks up on you, fires, and hits the explosive block, there goes your missile and probably half of your ship