MineCraft map / Star-Made Blueprints micro-site

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hey all,

http://benchminecraft.com/ is my site I post my Minecraft builds and Star-made blueprints. It's pretty simple at the moment as I was just trying to get it up there.

As players who are often searching for new blueprints, or ideas to integrate into your own builds, what would improve your experience on my site as I continue to add more blueprints etc?

Would you like videos showcasing each ship? Images you can click through/expand/contract? Would you like a news section? Would you like not just finished ships up there but also be able to see ones I'm working on at the moment that will be soon to be released? The ability to suggest new builds?

At the moment the sky is the limit, I'm a web dev so it can become all you want it to be, but I'm not building it for me, I love this game and I want you the players to be able to reap all the rewards.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    thanks :) any suggestions on things I could improve, add, features ?

Reaction score
    Bug: Click on the blue StarMade button, then click on the Bench link in the lower left corner, and all of a sudden another random blue StarMade appears somewhere to the left.

Another issue is, that it is never really clear what stuff from what game you are looking at. Sometimes, I see the StarMade background, but yet I can find stuff from Minecraft in the list. It is a better idea to completely separate the two :P

here\'s a screenshot to show both issues at the same time:

Aside from all this, the website looks fantastic and is easy on the eye, and it is also easy to navigate. Clicking on a ship design gives all details nicely. I think this will be a perfect website for blueprints once it expands a bit.

You could make a submission system for players, where they must upload the schematic file, fill in specific details about their ship, and add a screenshot of the ship that will be automatically resized.

Later, when the site grows, you can add advanced sorting options, such as ship classifications by mass (destroyer, battleship, etc).

Of course, the two above things only apply if you want to turn it into a public blueprint website.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    how many would be interested in posting their blueprints in a consolidated blueprint micro-site thingie?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, that site is pro, with the full details and such... liked the FireFly build, I actually had some extra blocks for NASS (the main testing server) with a rusty aspect like for FireFly.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    :D guess I\'ll expand it then

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I\'d love to see some new starmade ships, your really good at building.

keep up the good work!

CCV

Reaction score
    U and therremerpal donut are some of the best u never fail to impress