Microtransaction Idea: Community Store

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    I'd pay for a robocraft style server; you could even have microtransactions on that specific server if you want; like limited tickets to spawn as a titan, and then fleet of other players have to kill you. There's naturally more people wanting to be the titan; you pay for extra titan tickets and everything is fine. Official servers running events like huge pirate incursions and stuff would be awesome. Also looking to pay some more for dev team, but i'm not doing that until game has functional lasers in it:mad:

Still kind of scummy for a pay to play game though. Maybe have a way for a free client that can't run its own universe?

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You know what? I change my mind. I'd rather have this, plus a 3D printing service like Space Engineers has.
    Finally, you're starting to understand. :P

Reaction score
    If you're a highly skilled shipbuilder or skinner and you want to charge people a commission fee for high quality work, that's one thing. It's also fair enough, assuming you have the skill to make it of high enough quality.

Microtransactions built into StarMade (or almost any game that isn't running a F2P model, in which case it's pay for cosmetics only) is a bad idea. Full stop. End of story.
    The same thing I have been saying for a while now... this is paid for ship blueprint is a terrible idea.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    We are trying to find plenty of ways that we can provide replay-ability without costing the players anything in return.
    Could always try high-key events. Think something like the old Thunderdome or recent Blood and Steel, large events were players come to fight and show off both skill in building, and in flying. Wouldn't have to be a constant thing, so you could get a server cheap via sponsorship deals I would think, and could charge a entry fee of like $2 to fight and $5 to talk on the livestream, just to keep the trolls and lessers from ruining it (minimal paywall).

I dunno, something like that would be impressive, especially when Starmade gets closer to release and the population booms. Would give newer players something to work together, and something for older players to come back and watch. Just something to consider.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could always try high-key events. Think something like the old Thunderdome or recent Blood and Steel, large events were players come to fight and show off both skill in building, and in flying. Wouldn't have to be a constant thing, so you could get a server cheap via sponsorship deals I would think, and could charge a entry fee of like $2 to fight and $5 to talk on the livestream, just to keep the trolls and lessers from ruining it (minimal paywall).

I dunno, something like that would be impressive, especially when Starmade gets closer to release and the population booms. Would give newer players something to work together, and something for older players to come back and watch. Just something to consider.
    lol yah "starmade battlebots"