META, What is it?

Reaction score
    Typed meta in the search bar.

Search Results for Query: Meta | StarMade Dock

Second thread.

I want to see the spaghetti meta.

Someone explain briefly why spaghetti works. I believe it is red. Spageth, wich is the current meta on release. Right ?

To meta about new power system ? There has been a dev post about that and a lot of explanation on said thread. But i know it is 4 click away and it is soooooo far to reach that you need to create a new thread about it.

You're ungrateful and lazy just coming here to trashtalk.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I didn't come here to trash talk. I made this thread so both metas could be compared in the same place, and not needing to look at three different threads full of long winded arguments to get the info.

Thanks Non and az14el, for providing that information.

And thanks everyone else for making a simple information request thread into an other long winded argument about making information request threads.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction score
    Typed meta in the search bar.

Search Results for Query: Meta | StarMade Dock

Second thread.

I want to see the spaghetti meta.

Someone explain briefly why spaghetti works. I believe it is red. Spageth, wich is the current meta on release. Right ?

To meta about new power system ? There has been a dev post about that and a lot of explanation on said thread. But i know it is 4 click away and it is soooooo far to reach that you need to create a new thread about it.

You're ungrateful and lazy just coming here to trashtalk.
    Why do you think spagetti is a meta type, that should be compared to the upcoming meta?

What's about the actual common metas with power maxing, self powered turrets, ion hardened shields, ion weapons that get unslaved when shields break, and docked hull?

I am just currious, why you think, that spagetti is used as a common meta on pvp servers. Because I think no one is really interested into fighting with or against such abominations. I think spagetti gets used, but not commonly. It's main purpose is to point out development issues imo.

btw.
    I was smart enough to type in meta too, before I requested the links. I still see no link, besides irrelevant, because rarely used, spagetti, that actually contains easily accessible information regarding old metas.

Last edited:

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Spaghetti ships will lose less blocks (and thus less HP) when hit with a weapon, provided that weapon even hits.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    New metaships in power 2.0 will resemble some adult toys. Large balls (let's call them clusters) of systems (reactor+chambers->thruster->shield gen->shield cap->stabs->guns) connected by a narrow shaft only wide enough to cover the Red Beam of Bullshit, connecting the reactor to the stabiliser cluster, with the reactor on one end, stabs close to the other end, shield rechargers somewhere in the middle, and weapons probably in the front if front-firing, or vertical/horizontal launch missiley anywhere on the ship. This will max out both power efficiency and structural integrity, so it's the optimal PvP build style. For aestheticly conscious players, or maybe even some meta-builders, an outer spaced armor hull might cover the entire thing, aesthetically conscious players may even turn the space between the outer hull and the inner system cluster armored casing into interior rooms.

Reaction score
    With the addition of stabilizer streams, the viability of islands is pretty much out in large builds. What continues to be a problem is the possibility of dumbbell builds, as well as builds that resemble ball-and-stick models from chemistry (I can already imagine a bunch of H2O's duking it out against a giant C2H4OH). With stabilizers, it makes sense to space out your systems, and I mean REALLY space out your systems. For the people who like to "break out the big guns" an excessive amount of reactor blocks tend to go into builds that use power 2.0, resulting in a pretty hefty distance being required for maximum stabilizer efficiency. And with the new streams being added, the builder needs to cover the new weak point up somehow, resulting in a column of blocks connecting the spaced out groups of systems. I guess the best way to patch this meta would be to decrease the rate at which the required distance for maximum stabilizer efficiency grows.