Messing With Large Planets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I was curious what larger planets would look like and see how the game would perform with them. The default 100r planets are nice but I wanted to see huge planets so I bumped it up to a 1000r, because I'm crazy.

Here's some photos of a 1012r planet that was very nice to have load, it was my 8th try to get a 1000r planet to load blocks.

After a while the game seemed to give up loading the plate and started loading the adjacent plate.

I've rally wanted to try giant planets for awhile but their not that great right now and they kill your frame rate. I have now started use 500r planets now.

These giant planets are awesome but not really what you want since half the plate doesn't even get blocks on it. I hope that they are feasible in the future

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    get in a build block, and admin warp yourself 1-5 sectors away

Then take pictures. Should detach the plate from the rest, and load it up.

Pls do Ice next

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    get in a build block, and admin warp yourself 1-5 sectors away

Then take pictures. Should detach the plate from the rest, and load it up.

Pls do Ice next

I will try, they are quite troublesome to load, most times you end up with nothing loaded at all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well I tried finding a 1000r Ice Planet but the closest it would give me is about 900r but pretty large non the less.

About a third of the plate is Canyons and the rest is a frozen wasteland, so the surface is quite blah but the canyons were alright.

And these are the stats for this plate.

Interestingly enough if you warp a plate to another sector, then log out then log back in, the game creates a core for the plate. It doesnt generate any other plates though just that one plate on a big empty core.