Melty hull = easy coolness?

Reaction score
    lets message schema about our current request, which is the whole particle filled explosion with(in this order) flash, fire, smoke, and then the damaged block particles. the crater would be lined with lava. the particles would go 20 blocks farther than the BASE(as in how many blocks it would blow up if they were all 1 hp)explosion radius. the particles would come from the missile upon impact.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Part of the point was that this would be quick and easy. A 15 minute change, not a major code revision. My only suggestion so Schema stands in its original form. Destroyed hull is replaced by lava instead of emptiness. The rest is cool, but not quick and easy.

Reaction score
    umm lava in space is possible anyone here hear of the moon Io? and last i checked earth is in space.... lava here too

Reaction score
    well my initial image idea is dirty quick and easy, would take less coding then replacing blocks during combat (since its just an overlay texture that fades over a period of time) and requieres only one new texture if at all, be it just a recoloration and a faint light effect....

others brought up smoke and rubble.

the only thing else id like to see which i agree upon is a extra flash upon ship death...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    sounds like a great idea, just like in games or movies where the hull turns glowing red from laser hits and molten steel in space would definitely cool down extremely fast considering the temperature but itd be an awesome feature

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea. a more refined idea would be to make it so that blocks glow with recent damage and get brighter the more damaged they are eventually evapourating into nothing.

if the damage stops happening they cool down and instead show cracks from the sustained damage.

or as an alternate to this we add some heat based weapons like lasers that use beams instead of projectiles but must overheat blocks to damage them unlike antimatter. *due to near instant travel lasers would do not much damage but guaranteed to hit on the aimer*

if theres a way of heating up blocks an idea that goes with that is a way of cooling them down say. heat sinks like in mech warrior. in real space ships heat is a real problem and inventive methods are used to maintain stable temperatures in them.

plus this would look really really really cool if you went near a sun :D