1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

Mega's SMModLoader

Discussion in 'Releases' started by Megacrafter127, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Megacrafter127

http://starmadedock.net/content/megas-smmodloader.1597/
      A plain and simple modloader.
      Please keep in mind SM will feature an integrated modloader, and it won't work similar to this one. This is nothing more than a temporary bridge made of air.

Loads mods placed in a certain folder within the StarMade folder.
      It is very plain and doesn't do much, since the modding API is going to be a part of StarMade itself.

How to install:
      1. Download the jar
      2. Run the jar and follow the given instructions
      Similar to a normal Java program. All this modloader does is call the main(String[]) method of the main class specified in the mod's jar's manifest. The mod will have to register itself at
      Code:
      org.schema.game.common.Starter.modManager

Mods are to be placed in the SMMods folder in the StarMade folder. If the folder does not exist, make it.

#1 Megacrafter127, Oct 30, 2014
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Draeke_Forther

Thanks for making this, it provides a nice entry point so that you don't need to mess around with replacing class files. At least at first.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. HunterzCZ

Is there any Tutorial "Hello world" mod?

4. Megacrafter127

Not really.
      However, there is a documentation on some parts of the StarMade.jar if that's what you're asking for.
      (Please be aware, that parts of it may be outdated by now)

#4 Megacrafter127, Apr 30, 2015
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    5. HunterzCZ

Thanks, I am trying learn from yours disableentities mod. Looks like I can make for example Player Listener, but cannot find howto catch when player use command or write to chat.

6. Megacrafter127

There is no hook for that yet, I believe. Also, the disabled-entities mod ended up not working properly for some reason, and I put it in halt.

7. HunterzCZ

Hm, I would like start some kind of server mod, but without making own custom commands is not possible now. :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Megacrafter127

However, you can catch the STDout, and interpret that, and then you can do stuff with it, that a normal script simply can't do.

9. HunterzCZ

Yeah, I am using grawypods starmadewrapper now, but if there is yours modloader, will be better use mod interface in the starmade instead.

10. astronouth7303

Any chance of releasing the source on this?

11. Megacrafter127

If I still have it some where on one of my HDDs, I might release it, although it is nothing big, and probably ugly.

12. Draeke_Forther

The source code for this project isn't that important if I recall. Doesn't it just load all of the classes from the mods folder into the runtime?

13. Megacrafter127

Yup, that is all it does. Apart from also running a method specified in the manifest.mf of each mod-jar, but that's nothing, really.