Mega's SMModLoader

Reaction score
    http://starmadedock.net/content/megas-smmodloader.1597/
    A plain and simple modloader.
    Please keep in mind SM will feature an integrated modloader, and it won't work similar to this one. This is nothing more than a temporary bridge made of air.

Loads mods placed in a certain folder within the StarMade folder.
    It is very plain and doesn't do much, since the modding API is going to be a part of StarMade itself.

How to install:
    1. Download the jar
    2. Run the jar and follow the given instructions
    Similar to a normal Java program. All this modloader does is call the main(String[]) method of the main class specified in the mod's jar's manifest. The mod will have to register itself at
    Code:
    org.schema.game.common.Starter.modManager

Mods are to be placed in the SMMods folder in the StarMade folder. If the folder does not exist, make it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Thanks for making this, it provides a nice entry point so that you don't need to mess around with replacing class files. At least at first.

Reaction score
    Thanks, I am trying learn from yours disableentities mod. Looks like I can make for example Player Listener, but cannot find howto catch when player use command or write to chat.
    There is no hook for that yet, I believe. Also, the disabled-entities mod ended up not working properly for some reason, and I put it in halt.

Reaction score
    Hm, I would like start some kind of server mod, but without making own custom commands is not possible now. :-(

Reaction score
    Hm, I would like start some kind of server mod, but without making own custom commands is not possible now. :-(
    However, you can catch the STDout, and interpret that, and then you can do stuff with it, that a normal script simply can't do.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I am using grawypods starmadewrapper now, but if there is yours modloader, will be better use mod interface in the starmade instead.

Reaction score
    The source code for this project isn't that important if I recall. Doesn't it just load all of the classes from the mods folder into the runtime?

Reaction score
    The source code for this project isn't that important if I recall. Doesn't it just load all of the classes from the mods folder into the runtime?
    Yup, that is all it does. Apart from also running a method specified in the manifest.mf of each mod-jar, but that's nothing, really.