Megamodules?

Is this general concept good?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    When power, shield, or thruster systems are placed adjacent to each other in cubic or rectangular prism form, these will happen. Maybe they could have an output or efficiency boost that is more effective than the base blocks. For example, power rods will have cubic capacity if the rods are made out of 3x3x3 power cubes. This could go to a threshold of five, but the bonus is there. The bonus would be shattered if one block of the system was broken so it is much less effective. This would add an interesting twist further dividing build styles, combat strategies, and ship designs. This could also let you walk inside systems or make them look more complex in the larger 3 3 3 cubes taken up. (large vs small reactors in space engineers. )
    I hope you understand what I mean, this is not adding new blocks.
    Thank you for your time!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We already get efficiency boosts from smart reactor design, up to something ludicrous like 1200 e/sec per block if done right iirc.

This isn't necessarily a bad idea. But personally, I don't think it would fit into Starmade.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think a very small bonus applied to solid big groups of system blocks would be a good thing for new players who tend to over-use the advanced build mode and don't yet know the intricacies of the reactor bonus system, without heralding a new era of doom cubes. (Note the use of small bonus.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ok, it was just an idea. DOOMCUBES are pretty bad too.