Megacrafter127 Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username Megacrafter127

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): +1 (+2 with DST)

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? Almost all of weekends and holidays and about a quarter of normal weekdays.

How long have you been playing StarMade? I don't recall exactly, but at least 3 years.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? Usually I either test for bugs or build random contraptions in singleplayer.
    I also rarely play multiplayer.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member?
    • Due to my (ableit not full) knowledge of how the game's code works internally, I can provide judgement on how a suggestion would affect the development (time/difficulty to implement) and the game (performance, possibly hard to fix issues).
      • I could also use it to propose the, according to my knowledge, best way to implement a suggestion.
    • The fact, that I usually ḱeep calm[but don't shy away from a discussion], is in my opinion also a feature a council member should have.
    • I am also generally compatible with anyone, as long as he/she doesn't resort to "under the belt" methods[which are offenses to the Terms of Service anyways]
    • I am willing to accept a compromise
    • My experience in the 1st and 2nd term of the council

What are some of your weaknesses?
      • Due to me not playing the game that much, I do not posess perfect knowledge of the current balance, meta, and popular opinions on both.
      • At times, I am a "know it all".
      • I tend to acquire most basic knowledge myself, so sometimes definitions may differ, wich can lead to misunderstandings here and there.

What motivates you to become a council member? To be honest, I always want to have at least someone on the council, who can judge how much effort a suggestion will take to implement, and how it likely will affect performance. So someone, who has experience with java(or languages similar to java), and knows a thing about the internal code of StarMade, the more the better.
      Whether that someone is me or not does not really matter to me, so long as they are competent.

How do you contribute to the community currently?
      • By making useful modifications or 3rd party software for StarMade.
        • Although I am a bit out of ideas at the moment.
      • By being a tester.
      • By offering my knowledge about the game, as far as copyright and NDAs permit.
      • By offering well thought out ideas and suggestions.
      • By being a councillor during the last two terms.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.