Mega Project: Imperial Capital City

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    So... I'm taking a little break from ship building, taking a break from trying to balance power generation and power consumption and tearing my hair out over horribly underpowered guns that do nothing against things with way too much shielding!

So I decided to build something big. The biggest thing yet. A full(ish) scale replica of the Tartaran Imperial Capital City. So how better to start than with the very middle?

This is the Central Column which supports the multi-tiered city, holding two large plates which the rest of the city is based on. There are other columns, which are smaller, towards the edges of the plates which maintain the same role as the Central Column. The Central Column also doubles as a large apartment building.

Planned dimensions are 5km by 1.5km

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, holy crap. I knew it would be big, but that plan is both amazing and ridiculous. Is there an actual plan, or original design that this is based from?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    FINALLY something that I can dock my ship to without dwarfing it!!! I wish you lots of patience in this massive endeavor, it'll be incredibly impressive if you complete it. Probably the most impressive thing ever built in starmade.

Good luck!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Small update

Looks like a normal building, but in case of emergancy, with the push of a button...

The building can be put into lockdown, sealing the building with titanium alloy blast shields, strong enough to resist bombs, shells and missiles. This effectively makes the Central Column the perfect place to use as a bomb shelter in case of emergencies.