Mechs. Do you even build?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Was just curious bout them, been seeing some around the starmade comunity. ANYHOW!

Who builds these? upload here to inspire each other(and me). here's somethingI came up with(w.i.p) :D

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the idea with the turrets as arms!
    Looking forward to see this one complete ;)

I wanted to build a mech, too, but never got any good ideas for it though :/

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Here\'s the mech\'s I\'ve made so far;

I did the weapons as turrets. Rifle, shield, dis-integrator swords.

Next was bigger, high-power, high-thrust; bigger rifle, bigger armed AI rocket shield, dis-integrator axe is bigger, more rockets, semi-mega particle cannon in the torso and can carry and equip an anti-ship AMC buster cannon

There is also a full cloak/jam spec-ops stealth mech but it\'s classified (as ugly).

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    I haven\'t been around for a while, but I kindda wanted to drop the last ship I built here.

The Turing Prototype:

Full album: http://goo.gl/CH19Yh

The head is a fully functioning detachable ship with its own engines, shields, power and pretty hefty weaponry built in, it has a purrdy interior too.

The main body is basically a giant AMC/Missile battery that annihilates planets, ships and framerate... ^^

Still need to finish the filling-in of the ship\'s inner modules (shields/power etc.) sometime, so no stats just yet, sorry.

Oh, and it has 4 big-ass AMC turrets that rip most heavy mobs apart in my world (nothing compared to the main arrays tho).

Definately want to finish it sometime soon now, I am a tiny bit proud of it. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey i\'ve been making a couple mechs but i\'ve run into a problem. whenever I make the turret for the arm, and when I try to dock it, it says there can\'t be any blocks under the core, but an arm for a turret is like impossible to build without doing this, so how did you do it? Is there a way to disable this or what? And is there a specific direction the core should be facing?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was also wondering if you could put some of your mechs up for DL cause they\'re wicked and would help other people in making their mechs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you use ship docking modules and dock the arm as a ship then after its docked change the AI to turret that should work.

Reaction score
    http://imgur.com/a/W9rJd. Here\'s my largest mech. I\'ve got some more, but they\'re much smaller.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This little guy is more of a combat suit. I wanted to make it fit in a single docking frame but it\'s a little big for that, getting proper details out of small craft is difficult.

The core is accessible through a small plexdoor in between the inverse joint legs, I\'ve always had a thing for inverse joints on mechs.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like having the arms as turrets and they don\'t take up much space. These arms would look weird flat against the body and building to extend them out would actually take up more space. Although if they were not turrets I could gain five extra blocks not needing the faction modules, weapons computer and Bobby AI on each gun but I would also lose the AIs inherit accuracy and the slightly added realism moving arms bring.

Reaction score
    But then after the first fight, the aethtetics are broken. And by taking space, i mean the 1-block gap between the turret and the main ship.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you\'re that worried about aesthetics being damaged in a fight then there is no reason even to build a mech, a war cube is probably what you want. This wasn\'t even built to win fights and will probably never actually see combat beyond a wave of target drones.

If I were to attach the arms to the body I wouldn\'t have that gap but then the arms would still stick out off the body and actually take up more room because I wouldn\'t build them flat against the body. There\'s really no way to work around a something that\'s part of the game like that and I\'d much rather have turret arms than visibly connected arms.