Mechanical Clock WIP

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Title says it all. Yes, I know how one works, so I know what gears go where, but anyway, here's some pictures of it so far.

As of right now, I just need to add the balance wheel, dial, and crown, then I need to get the timings on everything right... ugh

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If anyone knows if you can make a 0.2 second timer it would be appreciated :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Darn... I guess the balance wheel will just have to turn only twice a second :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435349853,1435349045][/DOUBLEPOST]Dial's done, but all the hands move at the same speed still, and the balance wheel isn't done yet either.

The minute hand kinda lagged out of sync lol

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow! That's incredible! I'm not even going to THINK about ATTEMPTING it in SM!

There's also this mechanical automaton I find impressive too.

Anyway though, I finished the movement of my clock :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh good lord... I just did the math for how many activation modules I'll need to have each wheel spin at the right speed...
    Assuming I can use the same activation modules for more than one speed controller, for the second hand I'll need 180, then for the minute hand I'll need 10,800... and for the hour hand... I need a total of... ugh. 129,600... I had better be able to just shift-v all of them, if I can't this is getting postponed until I can XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This might help but I noticed in a youtube logic video a actuator that is set to activate a rotator rail and is right next to it making an very fast on off clock faster than 0.5 seconds but I'm not sure how reliable it is for timing either. Just that it looked faster than 0.5seconds. Hmm I didn't expect that linking the youtube page would add it here I thought it would just be a link.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This might help but I noticed in a youtube logic video a actuator that is set to activate a rotator rail and is right next to it making an very fast on off clock faster than 0.5 seconds but I'm not sure how reliable it is for timing either. Just that it looked faster than 0.5seconds. Hmm I didn't expect that linking the youtube page would add it here I thought it would just be a link.

Hope this helps
    Oh thanks, that did help, I didn't realize when you switch the rotater it rotates again, that's probably why my pallet keeps bugging out and clipping into the escape wheel XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So it turns out 130k is a lot. And there's no space for them all, so I'm not going to time it properly. Besides, it looks cooler when you can see all the things moving :P