Measuring tool

Reaction score
    I get really frustrated sometimes when I have to be even when building ships/stations/etc. I have to count how many blocks there are in my head and then find the center , so I think it would be very helpful to have a measuring tool in advanced build menu. Just adding another button like remove mode and calling it measuring mode which you can check and uncheck , when its checked you click on 1 block and then on another and then it displays the lenght , simple as that. This would improve build speed (athleast for me) greatly.

Cheers ;)!

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    is there a reason you have to count? I just use symmetry and it does the work for me.

On the same note, if you need to measure something, you can adjust the amount of blocks you place in the Advanced Build Mode and just mouse next to that.

Hope this helps,

-Chairman of the Collective, dated 8/7/13

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am in the process of attempting to build a ship from a science fiction series to the specifications listed for it online...

At the moment I am in the process of laying out the basic shape, and what I did was place blocks in the manner 9-black 1-white, with the white block denoting 10 (obviously) - this allows me to count the length/width/whatnot by 10s, which is far faster and more accurate than attempting to do so one block at a time...

One thing I would really like though, would be an ability to copy/paste pieces of the ship I am building...even rotate the selected portion like you can a single block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that what would certainly be helpful at least to have an accurate grid on the symetry plane projections, maybe with a numbered meter.