Me wondering things about new power

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I have been playing on Aetherion for several months. A couple weeks ago, I started on wolfpack clan. I had a lot of trouble gathering recourses because of stabilizers and reactor groupings. My miner couldn't be very big because of that. Is it just me, or are fresh stats harder now. My other question is, if it's this hard for someone who has been playing for 8 months, how hard will it be for a newbie?

Reactions: Dire Venom

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    You could try out compact reactors which use all 6 sides but require more stabilizers for more compactness. I'm not sure if that will help your grouping issue.

It shouldn't be too hard for a new player. When I started playing power 1.0 confused me even though it was simply laying lines of spaghetti. After watching the in game tutorials my first reactor was efficient but very small. I then built a ship with it which also ended up being very small but ended up being Swiss cheese when I tried to fight a pirate station. After a couple months of struggling with the spaghetti reactors and trying to make a small yet powerful reactor I gave up for a while before I became interested in sm again. Then power 2.0 came out and I started building good ships. I'm guessing p2 is easy for me since it's more technical (and not completely math and spaghetti-related) and I understand physical connections and things like that better.

For new non-technical players it could be a bit difficult but there are a few good tutorials online which explain p2 pretty well (iirc there are two youtube videos about it made by Gmodism). There's also the mini guide thing in build mode which helps with some of the basics. After all the game is far from complete so it will lack useful resources to make it more beginner friendly.

To answer your second question, it will be difficult but not as hard as the player's creativity limitations. Also you've been playing for eight months. You have to get used to the new system and change a lot of your play style (or whatever) while new players have to learn everything for the first time and not have to change much if anything at all.

Reactions: Gmodism
    Reaction score
    You may be overbuilding your salvagers. Power 2.0 salvagers are 5x as strong as 1.0 salvagers; so, if you used to use a 100m long array of beams, chop it down to 20m beams. Throw in some logistics chambers and you can actually make miners about 1/2-1/3 the mass of old miners. My 5k miner can hit the lag thresholds even on stronger servers like FRU and LvD.

[Edit] Also, a mining ship does not necessarily need 100% stabilization since it is not designed for battle anyway. Anything over 25% stabilization will be enough to get 100% power, you are just more acceptable to critical damage.

Last edited:

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You may be overbuilding your salvagers. Power 2.0 salvagers are 5x as strong as 1.0 salvagers; so, if you used to use a 100m long array of beams, chop it down to 20m beams. Throw in some logistics chambers and you can actually make miners about 1/2-1/3 the mass of old miners. My 5k miner can hit the lag thresholds even on stronger servers like FRU and LvD.

[Edit] Also, a mining ship does not necessarily need 100% stabilization since it is not designed for battle anyway. Anything over 25% stabilization will be enough to get 100% power, you are just more acceptable to critical damage.
    thanks I didn't know about the new beam strength. I did notice it seamed like i was getting stuff faster