Mayor Duplication bug

Reaction score
    I've been able to duplicate blocks by first taking 1 block from the amount i have, sell it, then sell the rest, and it spawns 1 new block in my inv on the place of the previous blocks, i then couldn't move that block, so i placed it on my ship and then broke it, and got it back, then i was able to sell it.

i most likely (haven't tested it yet) can do this with lvl 5 ores, so players can duplicate them, and we all know how much money lvl 5 ores give you.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Nice bug catch! I\'ll make sure I replicate this and let the other Testers/Devs know!

Reaction score
    Hi,

I\'ve been having an occasional inventory bug too. I don\'t know what causes it, but sometimes (maybe once in 5 hours) I\'ll end up with the type of item in one quickbar slot replaced with the type of item in another (without changing the quantity). For example, if you have 123 shield blocks in one inventory slot and 99999 rock blocks in another, then you might end up 123 shield blocks in one slot plus 99999 shield blocks in the other slot (and the rock will vanish).

Because it doesn\'t happen often I don\'t know what triggers it (if I knew how to trigger it be tempted to convert an L5 mineral and 99999 rock blocks into 99999 L5 mineral blocks!). Each time it\'s happened to me I\'ve been in build mode, but I\'ve been building a new ship and spent most of the last 2 days in build mode so that might not mean anything.

I\'ve also noticed that when you\'re building on a loaded server; with symmetry enabled and placing 10*10*10 cubes of blocks; you\'ll place the blocks and then sit back and watch for 30 seconds or more for the blocks to be slowly removed from your inventory. While this is happening, you can place the blocks that shouldn\'t be in your inventory anymore, and you can get the client and server out of sync where it looks like you placed blocks but the server knows you ran out and haven\'t.

In addition, I suspect (due to the \"slowly decreasing\" number of blocks in your inventory) that the game is sending an extremely large number of packets across the internet where each packet decreases the quantity in your inventory by a very small amount; rather than the server placing all the blocks and then sending one packet back to the client containing the new number of blocks in inventory. When you\'re placing 4000 blocks at once (advanced build mode with symetry) this might mean 4000 packets rather than one, causing the extremely laggy/slow inventory updates, and possibly also causing other problems (due to network bandwidth saturation).

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    We\'ve been seeing this happen a lot too. It\'s most likely due to how player inventory is managed in the server instead of the client.

Reaction score
    I had the same bug happen to me last night while building a new ship -- my power units were in the hotbar slot next to my shield units, and at some point they became a second stack of shield units. Needless to say, this put a bit of a hiccup in my ship construction, as they don\'t move very much without power :P

I noticed it after my server did a reboot, and I was wondering if it was perhaps related to that. I was swapping between placing power and shield units when the server rebooted, and a couple minutes after I logged in I noticed the change. It could also be speed-related, as I was click-click-clicking quite a bit, both adding and removing blocks as I tinkered.