Max Speed stuck at 49 even after editing server.cfg

Reaction score
    I have this line in my server.cfg file:

THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT = 250

When I run the game in single player mode though it's stuck on 49 still. Can someone help me please? Thanks.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Are you sure you don\'t need more thrusters?

If there isn\'t enough thrust for the ship\'s mass then it won\'t get to maximum speed. For an example, for a lot of my turret designs I throw some thrusters in there (to make them easier to attach onto ships) and often you\'re lucky to get 3 km/h out of them.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Are you sure there\'s enough power generation and power storage for the thrusters? If there isn\'t enough power you won\'t get thrust from thrusters...

Reaction score
    The sever.cfg gile is for mulitplayer ONLY. The Setting cfg is what you want to edit

Reaction score
    This is incorrect.

The server.cfg is the right place.

This game functions in a server environment. So when you play singleplayer, it creates a server on your own LAN and then you play. The settings.cfg is for settings like graphics and keybindings.

@OP, have you restarted your singleplayer server? The settings in the server.cfg will not take place until a restart.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Chances are the file wasn\'t saved and still shows speed limit of 50.

Other than that, you are in the right place - I edited mine to 1000 and it works fine. Turns out my biggest ship can top out 260 kph ^^

It shouldn\'t be a thruster issue. A core on it\'s own (with nothing attached) should fly at least as fast as 120 kph.

Reaction score
    I solved the problem. What was causing it was I had two locations with the server.cfg file. I think the one I had originally edited was probably the setup directory; not sure.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have downloaded star made but i dont know how to get started.....

how can i get more instagram followers