Max-Reactor (Continuation of Project-Hangman)

Reaction score
    (Multiple power block groupings = a reactor)
    (For those not yet aware, the maximum load and/or regen of a ship is 2,147,483,647)
    So as many of you know, I'm a bit of a reactor nut :P
    My last public creation was a bit of a flop stat-wise, but still popular "Hangman"
    http://starmade.org/content/css-hangman-fully-functional-capital-ship
    I think i've solved most of what reactors do now.
    1-D, 2-D, 3-D Reactors, squares, spheres, cross sections, lines, hooks... you get the idea, i know them.
    The only thing i havent done yet is manage to create a Max-Reactor
    Until today.
    Ill post some pictures tomorrow of the raw reactor (no other ship parts built yet)
    For today, its stats will have to do
    Regen is maxed out (2,147,483,647 energy/sec)
    Load is 634,206,000
    Mass is 42280.4 (thats 422,804 power blocks) only 560 blocks are redundant (dont contribute to the regen)
    if your wondering that puts the mass/power effeciency at a fraction over 5079 regen/sec per single power block
    Current ship dimensions (they will only increase slightly for the hull)
    522M long - 286M wide - 158M tall
    Although with the reactor alone this ship doesnt classify as a Titan by MrFurb's ship size table, once it is outfitted with sheilds, thrusters, weapons, decoration, docking infrastructure, and various other minor details, I estimate it will mass at least 250,000.
    According to http://starmade.org/content/blitzwings-guideline-ship-classifications , it will be classed as a Mothership :D
    Sheild testing will occur on my server, once i get all the sheilds blocks placed.

And a shameless Link to my suggestions on ship mechanics http://starmade.org/content/making-ships-so-much-cooler
    Thanks for reading

Reaction score
    Pics or it didn\'t happen you say?
    Well then fret not, here you go
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pquav4dacr5v04g/IOqtGnSnEn
    Note in the third picture, top-right corner, the power load and regen rates

Reaction score
    Ive added sheilds, exactly 1 million blocks worth.
    Mass has thus increased by 100k
    Total sheild reserve is 200 million
    Regen is 4 million/sec
    Power draw is at 2 billion/sec

Reaction score
    You don\'t seem to realize how many servers would be ended just trying to load this ship. If any server did load it then you now have a redonculous Calibri Class that the entirety of the NASS server would have a problem killing. I made a one ship fleet that can\'t even come close to doing enough damage to even making the shild generators get a good warm up.

Reaction score
    So, if someone somehow managed to use a government-level supercomputer to play this game...They could create a ship with TWO of these, connected to a BIGGER ship...

Mother of God, literally.

That would probably crash the country\'s defence network...and the next one over -_-

-That or be simply too big to be spawned in space, either way.

I really want to throw the finished version of this and the Kytech Industries\' Nightingale or Thor into a fight. That sounds completely epic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This isnt the first of it\'s size, Kytech has many projects underway that already dwarf this one

Reaction score
    After hitting around 1.2 million regen I\'m stuck getting only 25 per new block no matter the configuration. Did you run across this problem?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What design is that? It looks like nothing I\'ve ever seen before.

And space efficent.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wonder what the absolute most efficient one is.

As in, generates the absolute most power per power block. After a point you hit diminishing returns.

For that matter, what is the absolute reactor design limit for something that you would want to cloak and/or radar Jam (i.e. you cannot add any reactor blocks once they start to take more energy to cloak and/or jam then they generate)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, as was already mentioned, somwhere near 1.2M the regen starts increasing lineary per reactor block count, (somwhere around 25, as mentioned). That would make the neccessary number of blocks to hit the INT_MAX value of power regen 85851345.88. 85 Million blocks of reactor would need to have dimensions of 439 on each side. Granted, not much, but still a large number of blocks just for power regen. Although I am not aware, if any changes were made to the power regen formula since the time of posting (april 13th), care to explain? I should think the formula was changed somwhere in the past 3 months.

Reaction score
    Reactors are just odd above a million. I\'m at 1.6 million e/sec and if I place a power block most places, I get exactly 100 extra power instead of 25 even if it is not connected to anything. If I place one directly above, below, or to either side of the centerline of my ship (which happens to be one long line of power blocks wrapped in other things) then I get 50. I am unable to get 25 wherever I place them. This contradicts everything I have ever been told about power.

I\'m pretty sure the only two people in the world who really understand how big reactors work are Calbiri and Schema.

Reaction score
    So with this generator you could add a total of 722,708 blocks to the ship have it infinateley cloaked and jamed and still have 1 bil E\\S regen for sheilds and other things or you could add 1,189,375 more blocks have if indeffinetly cloacked and jammed and still have 300 mil E\\S regen for sheilds and other things. what i am confused about is how you beat the soft cap of 1 mil E\\S regen limit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Was build in an old version of starmade before the regen limitations were brought in.

The 25e/sec \'soft cap\' on regen is closer to 1,300,000e/sec.