Matter-Energy Transfer & Storage Sytem

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd love to see teleportation to docked entities for 2 reasons - 1 would be able to unload cargo from my miner / pirate hunter to my station without manually moving each container (after buying / salvaging 5-7 stations in online server you can really load up a ship) into my inventory and then dropping it into my shuttle - then going back unloading shuttle then finally to the stations auto sorting system it gets a bit old quick like

2nd reason I'd like is a site to site teleport BUT only for docked ships stations and planets I know larger stations can be a pain to walk around (my online station is nearly 2km long and 1 high for the RP areas) and can be a bit of a pain to slowly float there in astronaut form and flying around as a core feels strange for the people who see you

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd love to see teleportation to docked entities for 2 reasons - 1 would be able to unload cargo from my miner / pirate hunter to my station without manually moving each container (after buying / salvaging 5-7 stations in online server you can really load up a ship) into my inventory and then dropping it into my shuttle - then going back unloading shuttle then finally to the stations auto sorting system it gets a bit old quick like

2nd reason I'd like is a site to site teleport BUT only for docked ships stations and planets I know larger stations can be a pain to walk around (my online station is nearly 2km long and 1 high for the RP areas) and can be a bit of a pain to slowly float there in astronaut form and flying around as a core feels strange for the people who see you
    It wouldn't really be teleportation to docked entities. The idea is more like plugging in a cable and transferring dematerialized stuff electronically. I get what you mean though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    no I meant teleporting not a cargo system - we built one of those already that will ship 10 cargo blocks strait up to our ships - then we simply toss the loot into it and click the return button sending it all the way back to station with the pilots riding it as a sled

and I know you could build a conveyer like system like space engineers has but I meant a site to site teleport - load a cargo block of stuff onto a pad then it poofs the items from the ship to the station - with the auto sorting feature already in play and wireless blocks in play it doesn't seem to hard to link a wireless storage block to the station as well to build a basic item teleporter

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    no I meant teleporting not a cargo system - we built one of those already that will ship 10 cargo blocks strait up to our ships - then we simply toss the loot into it and click the return button sending it all the way back to station with the pilots riding it as a sled

and I know you could build a conveyer like system like space engineers has but I meant a site to site teleport - load a cargo block of stuff onto a pad then it poofs the items from the ship to the station - with the auto sorting feature already in play and wireless blocks in play it doesn't seem to hard to link a wireless storage block to the station as well to build a basic item teleporter
    Like a Star Trek transporter pad? I think we should have those too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    well I feel the teleport system would not only be easier to code - it would be easier on players as the concept of having to run a tube from my storage bay to another tube on a ship getting these 2 to meet then transfer to my storage bins - over just placing a block on each side and hitting send from a list of where to - well the programming time alone seems nightmarish - the coding the resource requirements for larger stations and getting everyone to place the docks / storage pipe in same area to line up with a station all seem like allot of hassle for what really amounts to trying to stay inside reality rather then simply making it work - which with a smaller design team and enough fun bugs as is - lets keep it simple lols

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    well I feel the teleport system would not only be easier to code - it would be easier on players as the concept of having to run a tube from my storage bay to another tube on a ship getting these 2 to meet then transfer to my storage bins - over just placing a block on each side and hitting send from a list of where to - well the programming time alone seems nightmarish - the coding the resource requirements for larger stations and getting everyone to place the docks / storage pipe in same area to line up with a station all seem like allot of hassle for what really amounts to trying to stay inside reality rather then simply making it work - which with a smaller design team and enough fun bugs as is - lets keep it simple lols
    What I had in mind was that in practice, players would incorporate the storage terminals into USDs for cargo ships. No offense, but being daunted by placing a few tubes (or just pressing C and V if that stays around) is a little silly. That aside, I'm sure some refinements could be made to the proposed system that would make it more appealing, like being able to name each terminal and control what each terminal takes in or sends out remotely. The coding for this really wouldn't be much different from any other feature, and would likely be a breeze compared to rails.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    my docks has space for 35 ships across 5km's of station

a few tubes is closer to 150k for me if not closer to 500k and since my server has a block limit to keep players close to each other in power this is not as easy as a ""few tubes""