Recognized Master/slave indicator

Reaction score
    It is currently possible to see what blocks are slaved to a master but not in reverse. This makes back tracing systems rather difficult. My proposal is this:

Intership remote connected to salvage computer connected to salvage cannon

If I select the salvage computer it should highlight the cannons in one color and the intership remote in another.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It is currently possible to see what blocks are slaved to a master but not in reverse. This makes back tracing systems rather difficult. My proposal is this:

If I select the salvage computer it should highlight the cannons in one color and the intership remote in another.
    Why not just leave the innership remote somewhere visible?

Reaction score
    Why not just leave the innership remote somewhere visible?
    I understand but ok say I want to verify that a section of rail is slaved to a bunch of logic blocks that I have hidden on a different deck to keep them out of sightcurrently my only option is to make multiple troops back and forth which is doable but annoying particularly on large ships. My method let's me go to the rail and select it then go to each logic block making only one loop to make sure it is connected. Then I only have to make extra trips if I made a mistake

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I understand but ok say I want to verify that a section of rail is slaved to a bunch of logic blocks that I have hidden on a different deck to keep them out of sightcurrently my only option is to make multiple troops back and forth which is doable but annoying particularly on large ships. My method let's me go to the rail and select it then go to each logic block making only one loop to make sure it is connected. Then I only have to make extra troops if I made a mistake
    Just trying to provide an immediate fix. ;) Didn't say your idea was bad.

Reaction score
    Understood. That's not my actual problem. That was just an example.

My actual problem is reverse engineering other people's logic stuff trying to figure out why and/or how it works.

Reaction score

For logic, the simplest solution I could imagine would be to add an "arrow head" cone to the logic pipes; I've always wondered why that wasn't a thing, but honestly never bothered to make a suggestion either :)

I'll probably get flamed for this, but why not have "logic" pipes for systems, too? They could be a different colour, or have a square cross section, or both, to differentiate them from proper logic pipes.
    The way I see it, I'm convinced logic pipes as they are now will get an overhaul regarding their visibility anyway, there are just too many people who don't like them.

Reaction score
    For logic, the simplest solution I could imagine would be to add an "arrow head" cone to the logic pipes; I've always wondered why that wasn't a thing, but honestly never bothered to make a suggestion either :)

I'll probably get flamed for this, but why not have "logic" pipes for systems, too? They could be a different colour, or have a square cross section, or both, to differentiate them from proper logic pipes.
    The way I see it, I'm convinced logic pipes as they are now will get an overhaul regarding their visibility anyway, there are just too many people who don't like them.
    It would seem that drawing a red box around the master of a selected block would be the easiest solution since the game already tracks that. It would be a matter of having the game show us the information instead of drawing new pipes that get mixed up and lost so easily

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    That would work, if no logic block could ever be in between 2 other logic blocks, that are connected.
    That isn't the case though.

Reaction score
    For logic, the simplest solution I could imagine would be to add an "arrow head" cone to the logic pipes; I've always wondered why that wasn't a thing, but honestly never bothered to make a suggestion either
    That would work, if no logic block could ever be in between 2 other logic blocks, that are connected.
    That isn't the case though.
    It may not be the ultimate solution, but it's something that could be done without having to spend significant development time, and in my opinion it would already help significantly.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It may not be the ultimate solution, but it's something that could be done without having to spend significant development time, and in my opinion it would already help significantly.
    In a way it already exists. If you look at logic pipes, you will see a yellow light moving from one block to the other[AFAIK in the opposite direction of the link]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    No need to be convinced, this is a fact.
    Planned: FSM, #22

And Megacrafter127 just beat me to the other thing I was going to say. :p

Reaction score
    In a way it already exists. If you look at logic pipes, you will see a yellow light moving from one block to the other[AFAIK in the opposite direction of the link]
    I know, and yup, last time I looked the direction was opposite to the link's. It's already hard to tell in game, impossible on a screenshot.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I can't count the number of times I've been error checking a circuit wishing I could see what blocks fed into the selected block.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I agree with this completely. IMO it's mandatory for the final release of the game. Otherwise reverse engineering takes twice as long. This will simplify things.

Reactions: nightrune