Massive Circles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Alright, so I'm sure a lot of you have had to make circles or cylinders at some point in your creations. I've used plotz for smaller circles, since plotz will only support up to a diameter of 256. I use this site for anything larger, since it supports diameters up to 2000, but it's really useless past 500 or so because reading it is a pain in the ass unlike plotz which gives you measures for each link of the circle.

Does anyone know of any tools like plotz that have the measurements but support larger circles? Or just a better way in general to easily calculate a large pixel circle without having to squint at my screen and hope I don't miscount a pixel?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I personally use a calculator to calculate the location of some blocks on the circle(the larger the diameter, the more blocks I calculate[up to 100 blocks diameter I calculate only 12 blocks, so if I use symetry it's only 3]), and then connect them with curves. If the circle is very large, I also calculate the angle, that the cirumference of the circle has to have at the blocks for additional precision.

Reactions: Viridis00
    Reaction score
    I've used the GIMP in the past.
    1. Create large enough paper.
    2. Use the ellipse select tool to make a circular selection (uncheck anti-aliasing).
    3. Fill...
    4. Overlay a grid in the size of your choosing (less counting, more building).
    5. Be happy.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    if it is the base for a build, rather than being added to something else, I use world edit for minecraft. Generate a big enough circle in the air, MCedit into a schematic, load into SMedit, convert to ship, if needed, hand over to a friend to turn it into a station cos (I have no clue how to do that), import to my server, build away :)

And when that is not possible, I screen shot from your second site, scale up ,print and use a pen to mark the blocks I placed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The GIMP method sounds like the quickest, so I think I'll employ that in the future.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If you don't already do, use double symmetry. Only one quadrant instead of 4 ;)

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    Addition (forgot this earlier): The measurement tool (denoted by a compass – the thing you'd draw circles with, not the directions thing) is also a great help, as it will count pixels for you.