Mass Effect Sovereign class Reaper in progress. Requesting volunteers

Reaction score
    http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Drogoth63/media/StarmadeSovereignReaperinconstruction_zps496381de.png.html?t=1382924599

a Sovereign class Reaper in current construction but very VERY slowly since i am the only one building this space monster. so i need volunteers to help build this Reaper so it may come faster to be available for everyone to use

send me a PM requesting that you will help if you wish to take part in building this project, a date and time will be given to you afterwards in 24 hours or less. you may as well provide a working server for the construction site to begin once we have enough builders

Reaction score
    not sure what you mean by 1:1 but it will be combat ready to the point that it will be a force to be reckoned with but again i can\'t make that happen unless i get workers to help build or untill for a very very long time. this reaper is a massive ship, 1000m long and im just one guy building it

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    1:1 means that you\'re building it to the same size stated in the game/lore. 1:2 measn you\'re building it half size. 1:3 measn you\'re building it 1/3 size. 1:4 means 1/4th size, etc. they\'re fractions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for being pedantic, but since you\'re explaining them for someone else\'s knowledge I have to say, those are RATIOs. They do work the same way as fractions do though for all intents and purposes here.

Ratios are generally used when you\'re comparing two different things to each other, fractions are numbers that you would use in a sum or equation.

But yes, amazing work on that ship, can\'t wait to see the progress! Translating those curves from your source must\'ve taken a hell of a lot of work.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i\'m using the term fraction because ratio is oftgen a less understeed word than fraction. to reference a famous example of watering-down of a definition: the creation story in the bible: no way anyone was around during the time that the torah was written that would ever understand modern science of hte origin of the universe, so it was written in terms they understood: days, the sky, the earth, the light in the sky. not the supercondensed energy expanding through spacetime and the gaseous clouds of matter that gravitated and crompressed into the sun and the solar system and the galaxies, the volcanic/tectonic activity of the earth as it cooled and formed a rocky surface, the millions of years that life slowly came into fruition, the collecting of steam to liquid water, the energy of violent storms jumpstarting chemical reactions that were self-sustaining and reproducing, origin of life in the sea before the land, etc. it would be easier just to say the earth and all its life was made in 7 of God\'s days. how long is a God-day? hell of a lot longer than an earth day.

Reaction score
    I\'m gonna assume you loaded this with Smedit, to which I\'d suggest you load the Reaper in red, purple, or a dark red stone that more closly resembles the dark redish purple that the Reapers have. That will save you a lot of time as you won\'t have to go through and manually replace every block with the right color.

Also if you\'ve loaded it to be 1000m, or 1km, than your Reaper is half scale or 1:2 as a Soverign class Reaper is 2km long. I\'d keep it at half scale though because once you go past 1500m the ships get a bit hard for starmade to handle and can become a pain to work on.

Should be a fun project. Unfortunatly I\'ve got my own project to make all the vessals from Homeworld 2 so my hands are full. =/ Good luck! Just don\'t lose yourself to indoctination while building it...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You defined ratios, and then called them fractions; there was no watering down. If you said they were like fractions, fair enough, but you mis-represented an entire mathematical concept when educating someone.

P.S. Aside from seeming slightly insane with your comparison, you should choose only one belief/theory and believe in that instead of trying to mash together completely opposing ones.

God creating the Earth in 7 Earth days is what they said, and what they meant. They intended to show that He\'s powerful enough to do something like that. If all that matter just sort of drifted together over time without the need for anyone directing it, what would be the point of applying God to the situation and claiming He did something that was going to happen even if He wasn\'t there? All He would\'ve needed to do was watch as it sorted itself out, and then claim responsibility for it. That\'s not a very compelling account of His power now, is it?
    Claiming that He did it in just 7 \"God-days\", which is equivalent to the billions of years it took, is the real watering down to which you are condemning His power.

Reaction score
    And Am just awaiting for the Email with it, So unless they want to continue it unless it is already finished, I shall take up this project.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    1000m long ship by yourself? yup i know how you feel, im working on a peacekeeper command carrier from the show Farscape... its also 1K meters and by yourself is quite the bitch

Reaction score
    Hordemx will now be handling the S.Reaper Project to finish it and publish it for public use