Mass drivers, lasers, particle beams, and targeting computers

Reaction score
    So, right now the weapon options are rather limited, and in the future it would be nice to have more options to destroy things, so, here are a few of my ideas of space weapons.

Mass Drivers: a simple weapon using either high explosive or magnetism to speed up a projectile to high enough speeds to hit an enemy and pierce the armor, mass driver projectiles can go from 1000-100,000 kph these are fairly good weapons for shorter ranged fighting, they are aimed like the "antimatter" cannons in the game now.

Laser weapons: laser weapons are used for long range combat because the beams travel at the speed of light, lasers however do fairly low damage but can be extremely precise when used with a targeting computer, they can heat up electronic components of the enemy ship to disable them making them an extremely useful tool.

Particle beams: particle beams fire ultra-fast (but not quite as fast as lasers) projectiles which do medium damage but what makes them special is that they can pass through blocks while still doing damage, allowing you to hit things inside the ship, the drawback to particle beams is that shields are super effective agains them.

Targeting computer: a targeting computer allows you to target specific portions of a starship or hit targets at longer range by focusing the location of your attacks.

Reaction score
    I agree, There majority of weapons avalible for ships are missile launchers. But i think they are slow and small fast ships can avoid these, and at lond rang even a large cruiser would have time too move away from dummyfire missiles. New lasers and massdrivers are a good idea.

Reaction score
    i think its a good idea but it i also think its a little early for the system. i mean like its an alpha, so there would be an incredible amount of bugs on the weapons so i give my vote a 5/10. 5 being in the middle of everything, not agreeing and not disagreeing