mass connection

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This may have been suggested before
    I suggestion that you can link multiply blocks to a computer at once. By being able to use the multiply block placing tool and when you press v all blocks where the mbp tool would have place blocks, link to the computer.

Reaction score
    now what would be really nice is if copy/paste also copied connections : D

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As mentioned above, you can copy-paste connections, and mass slave groups of blocks using Shift-V.

However, one thing I've noticed is kind of difficult is to do the inverse. Shift-V allows you to connect multiple slaves (purple outline) to a single master (yellow outline), but as of yet there is no way to set multiple masters to a single slave other than 1 at a time.

I think there should be a way to invert all connections on a given block, that way if you need multiple masters on 1 slave block you can use Shift-V to mass connect the masters as slaves to the block they're supposed to be master to, then invert the connection. Or else a method in which you select a block to be slaved and then connect the other blocks as masters (which is the opposite of what the connection system does now)

This would be useful for designing things such as auto-sort storage systems. My station has a room where spare parts are kept, it consists of a single storage block where items are placed, and multiple connected blocks that pull specific items from that center block. Problem is, to get a storage block to pull from another block, the block it is pulling FROM needs to be slaved, which is difficult when you have 100 or so blocks all trying to pull from a single block.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh yes, I feel your pain. Was working on a capitol ship once that had massive amounts of overdrive (luckily in one solid block) that was mostly buried under other systems...and I accidentally deleted the computer due to mirror mode. Minor panic attack as I thought I was going to have to tear them all out and re-place them again.

Shift+V is definitely your friend.

Another good trick, in build mode hit the left and right arrow keys to cycle through your computers. If your ship is solid and you can't remember where a set of blocks are, that will highlight them and make it easier for you to spot them.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think there should be a way to invert all connections on a given block, that way if you need multiple masters on 1 slave block you can use Shift-V to mass connect the masters as slaves to the block they're supposed to be master to, then invert the connection. Or else a method in which you select a block to be slaved and then connect the other blocks as masters (which is the opposite of what the connection system does now)
    Fully agreed to it in the past, now and the future!

I use [x] to select, [c] to connect and would happily use [v] to reverse-connect (exchange master/slaves before doing the action code-wise).
    I once even written a 16-bit logic interpreter using this technique to enhance my suggestion^^