Mark of the outcasts -Faction

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Mark of the outcasts is a rank based faction entirely focused on being alienated from each member, Sounds confusing. The entire idea of the faction is to have each individual player commanding their own titan, The greater the power of the titan, The higher rank they are. While not entirely roleplay focused, It is ideal to have each player split off and act alone when their titan has been completed, And encourage each player to have as diverse a titan as possible.

For example, You want space dragons because Saber refuses to add space dragons next update?
    SPACE DRAGONS.
    You want a ship that looks like a massive spartan laser?
    SPARTAN LASER-SHIP

You get the idea, But generally the rank system acts as the following,
    -1m mass Outcast.
    -3m mass Outlaw
    -7m mass Vagabond
    -15m mass Castaway
    -50m+ The abandoned one / Current largest ship

The faction will not likely exceed 50 members, And in role play themed servers operate entirely in dark sectors, Where each one is considered their domain. In few instances, The abandoned one must enlist all other members to join them in event of war, On the condition that they outrank the other player. As they otherwise may act as separate entities. For this reason, Each player may act as their own faction, And allowed any kind of spaceship, On the account that any fleet must be docked to their titan, Anything that is not docked to their titan is considered Not theirs.
    This faction simply acts as a neutral option for players who want to be protected, But not uniform to alien types of ships.
    Of course, the only rule is - You have ONE ship. Stations are for territory claiming only, Or you are not allowed a ship.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    You get the idea, But generally the rank system acts as the following,
    -1m mass Outcast.
    -3m mass Outlaw
    -7m mass Vagabond
    -15m mass Castaway
    -50m+ The abandoned one / Current largest ship
    Primarily I would like to apologise for the negativity that you are about to read, however I think it is important that you take this into account and either take mass sizes down or consider restructuring.

When you have 3 people with 3m mass ships flying about and going into conflicts you are very likely of breaking a weak server entirely.
    Assuming we take the negative approach and you have 1/10th of the members you predict (5 instead of 50), and say 1x 50million mass, 1x 15million mass, 1x 7 million mass, 1x 3million mass and 1x 1million mass....the game will be unplayable. I can safely say that 99% of servers will simply die if you use a titan 50million mass or greater, and this will simply mean that when the servers don't die, most people will lag out, leaving that one player with the 50million mass, running at 3 FPS as the whole server struggles to keep running whenever he does anything.

Titan-made does not work too well on starmade.

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Was referring to the fact most titans would be miles away from each other, Originally I thought Different galaxies but few servers have that many galaxies.
    When I said 50 members, I meant overall, and was being relatively... sparing when I said that, desirably Id like less than ten. In general, not in a server at once. 50 million is simply the largest ship ever to be made in star made, Therefore making it would simply promote you to leader status immediately.
    The main reason why each player has such a large ship, Is that it must perform every task that a star made player wants, -Salvaging scanning battles transport ect. I am somewhat expecting most players being outcast level, With few reaching any higher than that. Of course, I imagine very few players will actually join the server, They just need to present their 1m mass ship and in some way create it on a server. The primary reason I created this faction was based on the vagyr raiders, and how they somewhat have multiple people on their ships. making it difficult to combat.
    Any other criticisms?
    I am new to clan making though, So be sparing pls.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Was referring to the fact most titans would be miles away from each other, Originally I thought Different galaxies but few servers have that many galaxies.
    When I said 50 members, I meant overall, and was being relatively... sparing when I said that, desirably Id like less than ten. In general, not in a server at once. 50 million is simply the largest ship ever to be made in star made, Therefore making it would simply promote you to leader status immediately.
    The main reason why each player has such a large ship, Is that it must perform every task that a star made player wants, -Salvaging scanning battles transport ect. I am somewhat expecting most players being outcast level, With few reaching any higher than that. Of course, I imagine very few players will actually join the server, They just need to present their 1m mass ship and in some way create it on a server. The primary reason I created this faction was based on the vagyr raiders, and how they somewhat have multiple people on their ships. making it difficult to combat.
    Any other criticisms?
    I am new to clan making though, So be sparing pls.
    I was going to give some general clan advise and was writing it up until my eye caught on a few words.

Having multiple players on a ship does not necessarily make it more effective. Unless one of them is operating a 360 turret more effectively than an AI or is continuously skipping through missile-firing turrets and firing direct missiles at targets near them, there is no need for more than 1 player on a ship.

The only practical (and even then, to an element roleplay) reason for having more than 1 player on a ship is for boarding.

Now alternatively, as is the case with raiding factions e.g. Vaygr* raiders, quite often it is a waste to have multiple ships as you are constantly on the move from your hidden base or are operating with few people. In these cases, having a titan is lumbersome as titans don't tend to make great hit and run vessels.

As a faction that has been on the receiving end of Vaygr raiders attacks previously I can safely say that we have not been graced by titans, due to their very-high experience of raiding, as well as common sense (see above).

An example of why having faction of titan-maders as raiders (excuse the pun) will likely fail against experienced raiding factions

One player of average fighting experience in a giant, hardly mobile titan of say 3million mass could almost certainly be taken down by 4 pilots in ~500k mass ships each, unless he is somehow flying a ship with unimaginably high shield power, anti-penetration protection, transferring power from somewhere else, has some sort of docked shielding etc.

In the above case, if one of their [raiders] ships is damaged the 4 pilots would be down to 3, one could board a ship of a colleague and they would still function well. If the pilot of the titan [titan-maders side] had his engines destroyed or suffered serious damage he would not have backup.

1) Even if his [titan-mader] friend is around, if he tries to jump in with his 1million ship, now
    a-neither of the titans can use heat seekers or fire without accidentally hitting the other
    b-jammed raiders would not be fired at by your lock on missiles. If you try and fire heatseekers from your two titans you will destroy each other.
    c-sector experiences massive lag, crashing the server or some of the clients, making a and b not even possible.

2) If his friend is not around and he is trying to run away from the raiders,
    -Each of the raiding ships is 6x less heavy than your titan, probably 12x more mobile and, assuming they are very experienced raiders they also have jump inhibitors.

Take into account that I am a member of a commercially focused faction, so, if you would like some more applicable information on Vaygr I would advise that you either:

contact a member of Vaygr Empire, who keep in very close contact with Vaygr Raiders.
    Jasper1991 =Vaygr Public Relations
    Gonzalo ZeroRa =Some other Vaygr Empire contacts
    Imagination01 =Vaygr Raider contact
    contact a member of Trinova Technologies or Formiden Colonial Mandate, who are both current or previous rivals of Vaygr Raiders and have a lot of experience in conflict.
    Zyrr=Formiden Colonial Mandate Minister of Information
    FlyingDebris =Trinova Technologies Contact
    Comr4de Captain_Boroski =Some Formiden Colonial Mandate contacts

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    contact a member of Vaygr Empire, who keep in very close contact with Vaygr Raiders.
    Gonzalo ZeroRa =Some Vaygr Empire contacts
    Imagination01 =Vaygr Raider contact
    Sorry to barge in but I thought I would also mention that Jasper1991 is Vaygr's acting public relations, he is your best contact if you are interested in diplomacy with Vaygr.

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Man I was tired when I wrote this...Alright then.
    Understand completely where your coming from, Vagyr raiders are a WELL experienced raiding faction.
    Not trying to make an ANTI vagyr raider faction, Just a neutral militaristic party where every man is their own, To not be dragged into matters that arent required.
    Whole titan each thing was mainly for RP. Probably wont be done.
    More ships seem to always overpower equal mass ships in starmade, Thats how it usualy works.
    What I tend to do Is have Anti fleet ships, With one large titan killer on the front line- Not sure why tired me said one titan each, I think my brain was a bit off at that time of night.
    50m is simply too much, Tried it out in testing, Ranks would have to be sensibly nerfed, In order to remain each members liberty it will require each player to have their own faction, making the entire idea much more like a large general alliance between players that attempt to handicap themselves to one ship one station.
    Typical weapons I use is Large cannons X Ion effect for their GLORIOUS Dpe And Dps Stats, making them excelent shield crackers, One damage beam x Pulse for that DPS on large ships, Usualy cracking a hole in the hull about the same size as the ship. Heatseaking on 37% to keep missile damage and being difficult for small ships to AMS them, The explosive effect being attached on to give it a large explosive radius and damage. Docked shield gens dont work too well, Unless my Shielded area has atleast one 64x distance from my actual ship, Else a nuke would deal double damage and become fruitless.
    In my experience with fighting the vagyr raiders, Ive found swarming, Bombardment and sniping to be the most effective ways, As their ships tend to rely on massive DPS and crowd control, So a cannon / beam x Beam tends to keep em on the end of a nice pointy spear.
    Now that Mildly awake me is on forum, Im unlikely to actually make this faction, and instead joining a different one, Mainly because im not a good leader and sleepy me has the thought capacity of a three year old.

Sorry for the wall of text, Its like waking up after being drunk and dreading to see how your social media site has been flooded with pictures of you asleep, Somewhat have to clear up braindead lerith posts.

Reactions: Bogdan

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    Man I was tired when I wrote this...Alright then.
    Understand completely where your coming from, Vagyr raiders are a WELL experienced raiding faction.
    Not trying to make an ANTI vagyr raider faction, Just a neutral militaristic party where every man is their own, To not be dragged into matters that arent required.
    Whole titan each thing was mainly for RP. Probably wont be done.
    More ships seem to always overpower equal mass ships in starmade, Thats how it usualy works.
    What I tend to do Is have Anti fleet ships, With one large titan killer on the front line- Not sure why tired me said one titan each, I think my brain was a bit off at that time of night.
    50m is simply too much, Tried it out in testing, Ranks would have to be sensibly nerfed, In order to remain each members liberty it will require each player to have their own faction, making the entire idea much more like a large general alliance between players that attempt to handicap themselves to one ship one station.
    Typical weapons I use is Large cannons X Ion effect for their GLORIOUS Dpe And Dps Stats, making them excelent shield crackers, One damage beam x Pulse for that DPS on large ships, Usualy cracking a hole in the hull about the same size as the ship. Heatseaking on 37% to keep missile damage and being difficult for small ships to AMS them, The explosive effect being attached on to give it a large explosive radius and damage. Docked shield gens dont work too well, Unless my Shielded area has atleast one 64x distance from my actual ship, Else a nuke would deal double damage and become fruitless.
    In my experience with fighting the vagyr raiders, Ive found swarming, Bombardment and sniping to be the most effective ways, As their ships tend to rely on massive DPS and crowd control, So a cannon / beam x Beam tends to keep em on the end of a nice pointy spear.
    Now that Mildly awake me is on forum, Im unlikely to actually make this faction, and instead joining a different one, Mainly because im not a good leader and sleepy me has the thought capacity of a three year old.

Sorry for the wall of text, Its like waking up after being drunk and dreading to see how your social media site has been flooded with pictures of you asleep, Somewhat have to clear up braindead lerith posts.
    Hello id like to speak to you, perhaps you could message me back.
    Cheers

Reaction score
    Hello! this sounds like an interesting idea to try out. I may be willing to join in if it's still an idea. thought it may be a bit before i get a titan of anywere near the size requirments

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Yep, Titan sizes being MASSIVELY nerfed for performance and MY sanity.
    Likely gonna have a max of 15m... My pc is unusually dying on something with less than one million though it might just be one of those days. In terms of titans, It may not be exclusively one ship, Maybe one capital minimum but not going to try and be limiting. Its more important that you get an EFFICIENT titan over a big one. If it can destroy equivalent mass from the site it should be good...
    Not sure however. It might just become a subfaction not deservent of its own thread.
    Personally I dont really want to lead this faction, And might leave it relatively soon, I understand how this portrays me, But im not really a leader. That and I feel like the idea falls flat in many areas. Sorry.

Reaction score
    Yep, Titan sizes being MASSIVELY nerfed for performance and MY sanity.
    Likely gonna have a max of 15m... My pc is unusually dying on something with less than one million though it might just be one of those days. In terms of titans, It may not be exclusively one ship, Maybe one capital minimum but not going to try and be limiting. Its more important that you get an EFFICIENT titan over a big one. If it can destroy equivalent mass from the site it should be good...
    Not sure however. It might just become a subfaction not deservent of its own thread.
    Personally I dont really want to lead this faction, And might leave it relatively soon, I understand how this portrays me, But im not really a leader. That and I feel like the idea falls flat in many areas. Sorry.

It's fine. Due to my crappy internet connection, I can't likely get on a server anytime soon anyway. I thought it would be a kinda cool idea to try out any how.

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Eh. If youd like to continue this faction, go for it. I may leave this thread now as starmades just corrupted my build server. Curse you dev build. But if youd like to own this thread, Its yours.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    starmades just corrupted my build server
    You mean your single player server? You can copy blueprints over and if you have been blueprinting your ships, should be fine.

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Nope, Blueprints are corrupted.
    Spawns isanths ;-;
    Praying that my backup folder will be somewhat helpful.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Eh. If youd like to continue this faction, go for it. I may leave this thread now as starmades just corrupted my build server. Curse you dev build. But if youd like to own this thread, Its yours.
    That's your own fault for installing a dev build on your main install; don't do that. This wouldn't be the first time a world-wrecking build came out.

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    That's the thing though, It wasn't on the dev build. I keep all of my builds on the released version. Occasionally I swap to see what's going on in the dev build but on a new world, Backed up.
    Edit : I dont know why I called it dev build...I did mean the stable one...