Mark logic/system parents

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One thing that really bugs me when I'm working with logic in StarMade is, that I can't see what the parent block, of the one im looking at right now, is. I really hope I'm not missing a feature or something that enables it but if not, I'd love it to be implemented.

For instance I'm looking at an AND Gate but I can't figure out what its parent is... It would help me and many others if it would be colored. Just like the child is purple, I would want the parent one to get a separate color, too, to save a lot of time.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    One thing that really bugs me when I'm working with logic in StarMade is, that I can't see what the parent block, of the one im looking at right now, is. I really hope I'm not missing a feature or something that enables it but if not, I'd love it to be implemented.

For instance I'm looking at an AND Gate but I can't figure out what its parent is... It would help me and many others if it would be colored. Just like the child is purple, I would want the parent one to get a separate color, too, to save a lot of time.
    Yeah, you can only see "child" blocks when you have one selected. A different color for parents would make a world and a half of difference when working on logic and other linked systems.

Reaction score
    Totally my opinion. It would be really great to be able to see parents, would save a lot of head scratching whenever you come back to a system you haven't worked on for a while.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd often like a split-screen for logic.
    One mini-screen can show the parent and surroundings.
    Another mini-screen could show the currently selected blocks.
    The main view could be used to select slaves for the selected blocks.

That's how my Java-Script app works.
    Currently it renders block by an orthogonal sheer of block corners in xy/xz/yz layers without any scaling based on distance or displacement.​

Last edited:

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd rather just have a "logic controller" block that lets you build a ton of logic gates in one block after you connect inputs/outputs to it... although I'd still like to see what the controller is slaved to when it's selected.

Reactions: jayman38

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    New I'd rather just have a "logic controller" block that lets you build a ton of logic gates in one block after you connect inputs/outputs to it... although I'd still like to see what the controller is slaved to when it's selected.
    You might look at "regai" in the logic section.

It uses a cpu and distributed-scripting language which can be programmed and store programs in display blocks. Arithmetics can be hooked onto a tag.
    However it's still a WIP because I haven't linked any tags properly together to parse the script language.
    I will start with that once I have seen all possibilities and decided about the necessary features.
    I'd like to think more about drivers and alternative implementations of the same functions.