Malcorian Imperial Hunter

Reaction score
    So I've been trying to design a cool warship to fly around with. I wanted it to look good on the exterior aswell as interior. I wanted it to be RP-friendly but still effective in both offense and defense. And I didn't want it to be too big!
    The last one seem to be the hardest. Because every time I started off with a frigate size ship in mind it got bigger and bigger the more stuff I tried to add. And I wasn't happy with the look of it either. So I changed tactic and instead of starting with power, shields etc and then adding a hull, I decided a shape I wanted and started from the outside.

I can honestly say that this is the first larger ship that I'm satisfied enough with to post a picture! :)

Still a work in progress, so stay tuned for more pictures the coming days.

Hunter01.jpg

Reaction score
    Excellent. Simply excellent. I really like the use of green.

I especially agree with the "Like enough to post a picture"....I've got the same problem.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    I'm getting a strong "Battlefleet Gothic" feel from that screenshot, and I love it.

Haven't seen many ships with that feel that weren't ginormous.

Reaction score
    I'm getting a strong "Battlefleet Gothic" feel from that screenshot, and I love it.

Haven't seen many ships with that feel that weren't ginormous.
    Actually I spent some time on a Gothic40k server struggling with imperial frigates not long before I started to build on this ship. So it was definitely a source of inspiration. =)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464349758,1464348135][/DOUBLEPOST]So been flying around on different servers trying out the prototypes, struggling with tweaking shields, thrusters and weapons systems. Also trying to finish off the exterior details.

(Disclaimer! Very poor quality pictures!)

The interior layout is pretty much finished, but lots of work with detailing remains. I also like to use systemblocks to double as interior thus making the ship more effective, letting no mass go to waste. But until I've made up my mind on several details it all looks a bit grey and dull.

The main deck after entering from the USD at the rear off the ship:

Crew quarters, sanitation (bathroom, toilets) and a tiny medbay is located on maindeck.

Going up to level 1 you'll find the messhall and the bridge.

Going down from maindeck to sublevel 1 will take you to the engineering level containing transporter room, a maintenance hatch to the chaindrive, and the core room.

On sublevel 2 the cargoroom is located:

And finally on sublevel 3 the shuttlebay is found. I decided quite late in the building process to include a shuttlebay wich led to more work than I intended, and the shuttle itself is pretty basic and will probably be remade later. But so far it has worked excellent in its use to visit other ships, stations and with its 100% stop effect also planets.

More to come soon enough. =)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You know, I really like that interior. It looks good man, seriously I like this ship :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey man, it was lots of fun boarding this ship last night :D no hard feeling about blowing it up I hope :p

Reactions: Mordrin
    Reaction score
    Hey man, it was lots of fun boarding this ship last night :D no hard feeling about blowing it up I hope :p
    Well as I said to you ingame, made me put in a second anti boarding turret. So thanks for helping me improve ... ;)

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Give it a pointy nose and some gold and spikes and this will be straight out of 40k. Good job.

Reaction score
    I'm not good at making videos, but thankfully AceFace was recording when he and friends were "admiring" my ship on the Brierie SM server.
    So if you haven't seen this already at the Vaygr page in the faction part of the forums it might be worth to watch. Now I really gotta finish this ship so I can greet future guests properly. :p

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    A mercenary version of this ship is now available to download:

Mercenary_Hunter_Frigate

I like to know what you think of it, and let me know if you find anything that seems to be out of place, missing blocks or something. ;)