Making side pointing turrets?

Reaction score
    Is it possible to make a turret point any way other than forward?

I wanted to try making a space galleon, with the cannons being turrets. I've experiemtned a bit but it's hard to tell what's what in single player (I use console commands when building to get lots of blocks).

I seems to me that weapons will always fire forward no matter what the block orientation is, and I'm guessing turrets will likewise try and point forwards on the ship they are connected to?

Reaction score
    to fire in another direction than forward rotate the weapons computer of those weapons to the direction you want to shoot. For turrets (ships docked to your ship using a turret docking module, by default they will face forward but will attack anything that is infront/behind/sideways of your ship. sadly they will even shoot through your ship, but this surely won\'t be forever like this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Turrets change their \"spawn-orientation\" depending on the direction of the docking module on your ship. If the module has its red side top, the turret will face foward, red on the bottom side means the turret will face backwards. Right side = facing down, left side = up, front = down, back = up. This orientations only matter as long as your turret didnt attack. After a fight or if the target is out of reach, the turret will stay in its last position. Restart the server or use the core of the turret and switch between build and flight mode, then it will reset.

I need to test the tip with turning the weaponscomputer around, tho.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Switching from build/fly (rotate) mode will also put turret into it\'s default position.