Making Pirate Stations Worthwhile

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Couple quick suggestions regarding pirate stations:

1. Pirate stations should no longer be derelict (please read the rest of the post)
    2. Pirate stations should be home to maybe a dozen or so hostile pirate NPCs that will shoot at players (similar in nature to the "spiders" in the early space stations)
    3. Pirate stations should have loot in special containers that do not drop their contents if they are destroyed, providing an incentive to board and capture the station rather than smash it to bits with shipboard weapons
    4. With regards to #2, the projectile velocity of astronaut weapons should be increased substantially. You should not be able to dodge a bullet/laser/whatever fired from 10m away by walking at a casual pace.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A station full of desperate pirate astronauts would be so fun.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like. You could make the NPCs spawn after the station core starts counting down. And if the core blows they all die unless they get to life bods or ships. Any player running around on board could also die in the explosion. Or maybe the core explision could be limited to a rdius around the core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like. You could make the NPCs spawn after the station core starts counting down. And if the core blows they all die unless they get to life bods or ships. Any player running around on board could also die in the explosion. Or maybe the core explision could be limited to a rdius around the core.
    The idea is to have them as an enemy within the station that you have to clear out to obtain the loot and materials from the station, a little like the spiders from the early space stations

Reaction score
    Hopefully not a quick respawn like said early spiders. I had to vaporise half the dome's floor (and the upper two-thirds of the elevator shaft) just to get them to stop spawning. (I've assumed I just got lucky and fragged the one block spawning them somewhere in that mess)